Reign of Kings

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.

Would you rent a "Regin of Kings" server if they allowed it?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 7

RavensBlade
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Reign of Kings

Post by RavensBlade »

I have recently got into the game "Reign of Kings" I noticed that NFO does not have it on their server listing and I would like to see how many others would like to be able to get a server through NFO for this. I am hoping that if enough people want to be able to get a server for it that they will add it to their list.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Reign of Kings

Post by TacTicToe »

As an early access game, it is highly unlikely they will support it until it is full release and at least more stable. EA = lost of updates to the game servers. It also has to support things like IP binding for example.

Looking at the videos it looks like a cross between Minecraft and Chivalry. I personally would not expect this game to be popular enough to warrant NFO taking the time to set it up. Could be wrong though.

You would probably do better to rent your own unmanaged VDS and just set up your own server that way.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'll be looking into potentially starting to support Unity engine games later this month, based on what staff have told me about them previously. If a dedicated server is released for the game, it might be something that we can add along with others.

Frequent game updates are OK as long as the game isn't significantly changed each time -- anything that would lead to all of the servers crashing or a flood of complaints would make it less practical for us.
TroyMLP
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TroyMLP »

Hey Edge and other people on Staff, is it possible I could submit my VDS as a "test" for hosting this in the future? You could use that for benchmarking, stability, traffic statistics and other stuff. If it helps in possible hosting this for other clients in the future I'm willing to be the guinea pig.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

im hosting reign of kings with nfo unmanaged setup.
This game is extremely popular and its growing.

Its also laggy if your player count reaches over 35.Recomended would be max 30.All servers have this setting because of bad optimization.

Updates are not as crazy as rust..its ok and easy to manage.