Unturned

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Unturned

Post by TacTicToe »

Bubka3 wrote:Any news on this?
Not sure if you realize this, but there is a sale going on for the VDS's. Now would be a GREAT time to pick up say a 3 core VDS and setup your own server. That way you dont have to wait for NFO, you can just go online yourself. :)
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

Bubka3 if you do get a VDS here is a tutorial on how to setup a Unturned server http://unturned.wikia.com/wiki/Hosting_ ... ted_Server
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

I've already done this on VDS. The problem is Unturned requires about 650MB of RAM per instance and a good amount of CPU space.

It's insulting to pay for yet another VDS because of yet another thing I can't do on my managed dedicated server.

I really don't understand the problem with getting this added. It's distributed via steamcmd, and has IP binding, both of which make it an ideal candidate for the managed system. Not to mention it has a daily peak of around 10,000 players which is higher then a bunch of games already in the NFO catalog.
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

Do you have any updates for me?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I did investigate the latest version and sent my newest research over to John. We're still working out how we want to do game additions in the system and are looking at a more robust solution.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I am hoping to add support for Unity engine games in the near future, at least for managed customers. The resource usage can be somewhat unpredictable, but that only comes up in terms of the pricing for standalone servers.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

I'd like to see this one added.
Activation7X
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Activation7X »

Just posting here to show my interest, as I've actually been looking for quite some time, for a reasonably priced server that actually works and isn't sold out. I already own an NFO server, and I really approve of their staff and the amount of ease I have to deal with, on the servers. I also read up on the main site that, you get a bonus when you have two or more servers on NFO. Not only that, but I wouldn't mind easily access two servers at the same time. I'm more than really interested in purchasing an Unturned 3.0 server. If you maybe have an ETA within the next month, and a pre-order option, sign me up immediately!
Activation7X
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Activation7X »

Upon posting this, I realized that there hasn't been any activity on this topic in quite some time. Mind shedding some light on any recent news?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Activation7X, I've been working on support for Unity-engine games as promised, in between other (time-sensitive) work. 7dtd is mostly done and I'm focusing on Rust right now. Unturned will be next.
deadshot08102010
New to forums
New to forums

Post by deadshot08102010 »

Any news on this? Want to throw more money at you for an Unturned Server
rd1981
A regular
A regular

Post by rd1981 »

Unturned has really come up in the world now it supports steampipe now on windows only. Linux it says it supports but if you have to use xwindows or wine thats not really supporting it in my mind those are resource hogs. It also has way better admin functionality now and you are able to add more admins now also.
rd1981
A regular
A regular

Post by rd1981 »

To install the server make scripts for it like you normally would do like this
login username password
force_install_dir ../unturned
app_update 304930 validate
exit
put that in a text file on windows in steamcmd directory then have an updater run the script.
C:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe +runscript unturned.txt add this as a shortcut
to start the server you must give it this type of command line
C:\unturned\Unturned.exe -nographics -batchmode +secureserver/servername
after that you will need to goto the C:\unturned\servers\servername directory click on it
then click server and then commands in commands put something like this
name servername
port 25445
maxplayers 24
map pei
mode easy
PvE
perspective both
currently you must login to install the server since its free you can use alt account too and also it only supports a max of 24 players. At a full server over time this server uses about 30% of a cpu core and about half a gig of ram or a bit over like 800 which isnt bad.
rd1981
A regular
A regular

Post by rd1981 »

I would recommend a 2 core unmanged vds to be on the safe side for this game until nfo decides they might want to support it on managed I gave all the directions how to install it on a windows vds server I would recommend either 2008 R2 or 2012 R2 since their dropping support for 2003.
rd1981
A regular
A regular

Post by rd1981 »

If you need help just send me a message on here or email me at rd1981@cox.net. Its also possible I could purchase some more nfoservers and set everything up for you and give you RDP and ftp access as a user on a machine. Or you could purchase your own and I can setup for you and then you can change your pw when done.