Ark Server Setup Error

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Ark Server Setup Error

Post by soja »

Players and tribes are saved into the server files, so I have been running off seperate file sets. I think there is a launch option to specify a folder to save files.
Not a NFO employee
SMOKE911
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SMOKE911 »

I cant get my server to work either. I have 3GB of RAM. That might be the issue?

when I use 1 setup, I can login to the server, but when I load up a character, it falls into the water and dies instantly! If I try other configs, the server will either crash/freeze or not show up on the server list. If anybody can help me out, that would me much appreciated!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Well since the game uses almost 5 gigs at startup and you need RAM for the OS, I would say yeah, 3 gigs is not nearly enough. You should consider at least doubling that.
SMOKE911
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SMOKE911 »

TacTicToe wrote:Well since the game uses almost 5 gigs at startup and you need RAM for the OS, I would say yeah, 3 gigs is not nearly enough. You should consider at least doubling that.
Thanks, upgraded to 6GB.
YourMomSE
New to forums
New to forums

Post by YourMomSE »

Yeah for sure. Our 70 man has been packed for the most part and we sit around 5.56gigs all day on average.