NFo StoryBook...How did you get to NFo?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Kenny G Loggins
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: NFo StoryBook...How did you get to NFo?

Post by Kenny G Loggins »

My first server with you guys was a cs 1.6 one I believe..some 10 years ago if that sounds right. You all have always had amazing servers and have allowed me to say, "It's not the server, it is you." I haven't been loyal throughout the years I admit, but all my other adventures have been short lived and lead me crawling back to you wondering why I ever left. Your responsive tech support for amateurs like me has been extremely helpful over the years. Thanks for good service, if you guys are playing BF4 come check me out at PooPshooters!! lol:P

MTLMortis
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MTLMortis »

Used to be with Art of War Central but they aren't running BF4 server as yet, so looked around and signed up here.

~MTLMortis
mattsayshi
New to forums
New to forums

Re:

Post by mattsayshi »

Juice wrote:There was once a man named juice. His old server sucked. He moved to nucleafallout. Now his ping is just as low as his bank account =P
:lol:

Anyways I found nuclear fallout from some buddies of mine who insisted that I made a good TTT server after the old community I was in died. It has been pretty good for now and I hope that I can get donations in before my bank account goes as low as my ping lol.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

I've been playing online since the hayday of Diablo (1), and Starcraft (1) came out back in 1995. Over the past 2 decades I've played competition Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, 2, CS:S. When I was a kid there was always 1 server provider that seemed to stand out from the crowd with quality servers. That was NFO. As I got older I started dabbling in hosting and hopped around a little bit. I always seem to come back to NFO because of the quality support that I've received as a customer and gamer.

My only wish was that I could host MORE games titles on my NFO VDS.
nyc863
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nyc863 »

I have been a gamer for 30 years and it is unsurprising to see a game host does better than business oriented hosts in areas where it matters most. Trial by script kiddie fire, and twitch gamers demanding the extra half millisecond.

I still have amazon and google cloud deployments but all the steak and sizzle they offer is not of any value to my rather odd application. Got a tip-off from a friend that NFO might be more suited and apart from a couple of things
* ipv6
* POPs outside US/EU
I'd have to say it fits like a glove.
mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mennes »

I switched to nfo as soon as i read about the virtual servers! You guys give an amazing deal on those, it was the sole reason why i switched from gameservers. Switched in bold, because after i had experiance with the support and the quality of the service, i know you guys are the best :* I always refer people to nfo now, hell i wish i could work for you guys but you are never hiring :C

Thanks for the amazing service, you guys are awesome
Feel free to contact me on discordd @ Mennes34
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

I've been with NFO or using NFO servers since the DODS days back in 2008 -- if they have them I rent all my clans servers we want with NFO. Frankly every other provider I've tried and been forced to work with due to those providers having the rights to rent certain game servers have been pretty terrible. NFO has IMO the best customer response time and service by far of any provider out there. The clan I started in 2007 is still together almost 10 years now. Thanks NFO for your great service and commitment to our gaming communities.

MarkyM
Founder
PartyPiratesGaming and the West Coast Party Pirates
cLYDE
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cLYDE »

From 2012 to 2015 I ran a community called South Park Gaming Community, I was 12-15 at the time running an 800-1000+ member community. I used another host for my servers due to the fact that Paypal on here required a debit card to purchase rentals here. I was too young to have a bank account and kept all of my earnings in a paypal balance.
I dreamed of renting a server here, due to the constant DDoS attacks my servers faced regularly. Now in 2020 I got back into the game after being out of it for over 3 years or so.
I have background in CS:S
HL2:DM
CS1.6
PHP/SQL Programming
Sourcepawn

and other various skills I learned from running a community.

I hope to bring some of my "expertise" to the NFO community.
I do work full time as an industrial maintenance tech, so I can't be as active as I'd wish.
Cheers. :D
TranceAddictFoX
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TranceAddictFoX »

Just for funsies and because this thread gets revived from time to time I'm gonna add my little story. I joined the NFO Gaming community back right before CS Beta 3.1 released, long before NFO started renting servers.

I had just started playing CS and had played on NFO servers a few times. So CS B3.2 releases and finding those patches on a fast mirror, on release day at that time, was damn near impossible. In my searching for a good mirror I had asked around on IRC and in the #nuclearfallout channel Edge100x msged me and ended up sending me the patch from his EDU line. Super fast. Super awesome.

That sucked me into the community where I was active, just going by FoX, for many many years. I don't really remember exactly when I fell out of the community but I still think about it often and miss a lot of those awesome people who were just as obsessed with that game as I was.

Shoutout to Edge100x, Dkrypt, Roach, Omega, Langly, Dash|t, Doc_Ta, Engy100x, Tarick, Tomas (RIP) and all the others, whos names I have forgotten (my bad).

GGs fellas. GGs.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It's awesome to hear from someone who has been around for 20 years! Good to see you again, FoX.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

Wow, that must have been really long ago...I joined in 2018 and I don't recognize any of those names (besides Edge100x).

Also, is Engy100x a misspelling of Edge100x or a new different person?
Ravenhurst
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ravenhurst »

First time user here. I too played on NFO servers with CS 1.3 back when I was much younger and all. haha.

Recently, I wanted to spin up a BF4 server because of all the hype of BF6 and well, me and my buddies still play BF4 a LOT. I finally decided, F-it, lets run our own server, see how it does, and if we get a good population I'll keep it running. In looking at one of the servers we usually play on (TBGclan, hardcore only!), I saw they have NFO server running the show. Well, that sealed the deal.

So here's hoping we can get a group of regulars. It's time to figure out RCON tools and map vote systems, but I think I should be able to figure it out this weekend.

GG's and firm handshakes all around.

-Ravenhurst
TranceAddictFoX
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TranceAddictFoX »

Naleksuh wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:45 am Wow, that must have been really long ago...I joined in 2018 and I don't recognize any of those names (besides Edge100x).

Also, is Engy100x a misspelling of Edge100x or a new different person?
Engy100x is another person from back in the day and actually became one of my best friends IRL because of our meeting in the NFO community.

Cool you saw my post Edge100x and great to see you're still around too. Hope things are well for you bud.