How to install JTS3ServerBot

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
lowheartrate
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How to install JTS3ServerBot

Post by lowheartrate »

I am currently running my TS3 Server on my Centos 7.1 VPS and am trying to add the JTS3ServerBot addon to my server but am not sure how. If anyone could provide assistance that would be fantastic! You can find the addon that I am talking about at the following link; http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/t ... r-Bot.html. I tried to do it myself but cannot figure it out with all the config files that it needs and configuration that you need to do on your own in order to get it working.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: How to install JTS3ServerBot

Post by kraze »

TS3 addons are actually installed client side, so you should just be able to run the installation on your client and then configure it from there.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

This is a standalone bot that connects to your server via serverquery. Treat it as a standalone rcon-style program.
Not a NFO employee
lowheartrate
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by lowheartrate »

kraze wrote:TS3 addons are actually installed client side, so you should just be able to run the installation on your client and then configure it from there.
Does this mean I only have to run it once and the bot will stay there in the Teamspeak the entire time!?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

lowheartrate wrote:
kraze wrote:TS3 addons are actually installed client side, so you should just be able to run the installation on your client and then configure it from there.
Does this mean I only have to run it once and the bot will stay there in the Teamspeak the entire time!?

Yes, but the program needs to remain running wherever you decide to run it(probably best on your VDS).
Not a NFO employee
lowheartrate
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by lowheartrate »

soja wrote:
lowheartrate wrote:

Yes, but the program needs to remain running wherever you decide to run it(probably best on your VDS).
Do you think you may be able to assist me doing this?