Settings question for CSGO

Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Settings question for CSGO

Post by Bubka3 »

If you use a casual map from the workshop, do the settings still go in gamemode_casual.cfg? Or another cfg file since we're not using map group system?
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Settings question for CSGO

Post by Vanderburg »

The mapgroups and the gamemode/types are separate, so you can still do Classic Casual with Workshop maps, but you shouldn't use gamemode_casual.cfg for custom settings (You shouldn't ever have to edit the files that don't end in server). You should instead put the settings in gamemode_casual_server.cfg and they will override the same variables in the gamemode_casual.cfg file.
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

Yes, I meant _server one, was just in a rush.

You wouldn't happen to know where mp_autoteambalance is set? I tried setting to 0 both in server.cfg and gamemode_casual_server.cfg and it still shows up as 1.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

Have you tried setting it directly in the gamemodes_server.txt file used for the mapgroup?
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

I don't have a map group, I'm hosting a map off workshop.

I did look in the default map group, mg_bomb_se, but I don't see anyway to set cvars inside of gamemodes_server.txt.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

Server variables in the gamemodes_server.txt file are set per game type/mode, not per mapgroup. You can create a gamemodes_server.txt file that only adjusts the gamemodes (Ignoring mapgroups) by using a tool I wrote here: http://www.configcreator.com/create/csg ... server.txt

You just need to click "Configure Gamemodes" on the left to adjust the gamemodes themselves.
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

Okay so if I understand this correctly:

If the cvar exists in gamemode_casual.cfg, I copy the cvar and change it in gamemode_casual_server.cfg.
If the cvar doesn't exist I use gamemode_servers.txt and put it in the casual section (aka the tool you linked).

Am I correct in my train of thought?
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

I very well could be wrong (So if someone knows and can correct me, please do), but as I understand it, yes, that is correct. It would be fairly easy to test, though.
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

I figured out that if you put game_type 3 for custom gamemode, you can then stick everything in server.cfg (since gamemode_custom_server.cfg and gamemodes_server.txt doesn't work for the custom gamemode anyways).

Obviously this is not a solution if you want to run a CSGO gamemode, but since I want to do a custom gamemode, this works for me.