A candid review

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

A candid review

Post by FAST »

Hello everyone,

Thought I would express my extreme satisfaction with NFO. Not much of a writer but I felt compelled to share my experience.

Keep in mind I don't game too much anymore (only a bit of COD 4 at this time). I deal mostly with running the services (server expansion), ban appeals, recruitment process etc...so I guess my perspective is fairly unique ;)

Since 2008 - mid 2011, I would say we have been with 4-5 providers before landing with NFO. While we were with our 3rd provider we really wanted to move with NFO but due to the fact we were a very large 2142/BF2 community, it wouldn't make sense to drop our 6+ servers. When BC2 came out, we purchased a small VDS from NFO for procon hosting. Never had any issues with it once. After DICE killed 2142 with their latest broken update, 2142 began to decrease dramatically (player count). We also had terrible attack occurring on our remaining bf2 servers which brought it to an end because our old provider neglected to do anything about the DDOS as well as a known exploit to bring down bf2 servers. BF2AHD is what we wanted installed (allowed by Dice) but took them one month to get this done. At this point we were pissed and having crappy quality with our bc2 and bf3 servers (rubberbanding pretty hard at 48 slots on a E3-1270 full machine???) there was no reason to stay with this provider. Honestly I thank our members for putting up with a lot of garbage over the years!
The other thing to keep in mind, the replies on tickets could take hours, or days sometimes. It is a pain when you have to deal with complaints here and there and nothing is being done for a long period of time.

Since our early days of bf3, NFO has provided us with quality servers thus far. We loved it so much that we brought everything over. We now host many servers with them, website and that very same VDS/TS box we had for a few years now is still alive :) (expanded to a 3 core to host a COD 4 server). We recently just got a rising storm server (separately, not on our full machine) and already receiving compliments on the server quality (it is a resourceful game by the way).
Of course, John is very knowledgeable specially when it comes to packets, server configuration etc..Helped me out a lot. Sorry for bugging you at times ;)
Support ticket responses are incredibly fast (receive responses in minutes). I had one of two situation over the years where I did not get a response I was looking for (but it could be that I wasn't clear myself). But the fact is, they respond and acknowledge your issues unlike other providers who try to sweep it under the rug when it comes to touchy subjects like box having issues, exploits and/or attacks. In the end all of my issues have always been promptly resolved.
In house control panel is great, stable, fast with an event log and accurate server stats . Better than TCadmin or whatever the other stuff are out there.

I am currently hosting one b3 service with another provider sadly and it is garbage, still haven't gotten to work properly and they just don't really help. If NFO would offer services for this down the road, that would be amazing!

Our community has been doing well because of their quality service and urge anyone who is not with them to make the move. You will not be disappointed.

I was going to give this testimonial earlier, but because of my busy lifestyle and lazy to write I didn't get a chance. Now I did. :p

Thanks,
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: A candid review

Post by FAST »

Holy crap been over a year since this review. Anyway just an update: To this very day, nothing has changed. Still solid GSP. Always on the ball with updates, pricing and support always efficient and reasonable. And the tools they use against attacks is top notch. Simply put: No other provider have the knowledge about security like NFO and other providers will downplay everything relating to attacks.

I currently host over 10 well known TBG servers, TS and website. This should be a no brainer! ;)
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Just wanted to point out another year has gone by, our community (TBGclan) has grown even larger. We now have 3 full high end machines, 2 VDS and couldn't be happier with the service running 24 servers across many games. These guys helped maintain our fan base with top notch service and hardware, prompt updates, support and great router capabilities. Worth mentioning, some of our members now have their own private boxes, web hosting with NFO etc..

So now we have been with NFO since August 2011 which makes it 4 years, started off with one VDS for BC2 procon while we were with another host. All the other GSPs are generally crap, are not affordable and sometimes even over-exaggerate regarding some of their service. Dont waste your time. We are proof NFO is the solution to your gaming needs.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

I haven't bumped this in a while but I will:

It's been over 7 years now and never chose to go anywhere else.

I just hope AAA titles will allow us to run servers again. If not, we all need to promote the smaller based games to send the message clear, we want our dedicated servers back with the ability to control them (for example how Battlefield 4 and previous titles allowed us)

And just looking back at my old posts, I am now 32. Time flies :lol: