JTS3 Server Mod

lowheartrate
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

JTS3 Server Mod

Post by lowheartrate »

How can I get it so the JTS3 Server Mod installed into my teamspeak server? I would rather have it manually installed into the server through FTP if possible rather than having it connect through my computer everytime I reboot my pc or something. I am not sure how to exactly set it up though. I have gone through the readme.txt as well as the JTS3ServerMod_server_example.cfg file(s) but am still a bit lost as to how to get it onto the server and possibly getting it into the FTP of my Teamspeak server. All assistance with this would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Codi / lowheartrate
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Re: JTS3 Server Mod

Post by hiimcody1 »

Our hosted voice servers don't actually support FTP, as such you likely wouldn't be able to run it on your server. Instead you'd want to go with an Unmanaged VDS so you have the power to run pretty much anything you'd like.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

The TS3 server doesn't actually support plugins, they all must be installed client side. As Cody said, a self-managed VDS would definitely be your best bet.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
lowheartrate
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by lowheartrate »

hiimcody1 wrote:Our hosted voice servers don't actually support FTP, as such you likely wouldn't be able to run it on your server. Instead you'd want to go with an Unmanaged VDS so you have the power to run pretty much anything you'd like.
kraze wrote:The TS3 server doesn't actually support plugins, they all must be installed client side. As Cody said, a self-managed VDS would definitely be your best bet.
I know that there is a way to use this mod as a server query login instead. Like I said in the post above, its not really mandatory that I have it installed in the server, I would've just rather have it there. Can you possibly help me set it up or walk me through it using the other method? I am not really looking to purchase a VDS although I have owned one before.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

ServerQuery is fine, but you'd still need a place to initiate the ServerQuery and be available 24/7 to use it, which would be a dedicated client. One option is to run the Linux version of TS3 from our smallest VDS package, which starts at $7.99.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
lowheartrate
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by lowheartrate »

kraze wrote:ServerQuery is fine, but you'd still need a place to initiate the ServerQuery and be available 24/7 to use it, which would be a dedicated client. One option is to run the Linux version of TS3 from our smallest VDS package, which starts at $7.99.
But another option is to keep my $20/mo. package for my gameserver/webservers/teamspeak (50 slot) and run the query from my computer from another identity of a sort and keep it running from there. I can make sure its always running by having the program / query / identity in my startup folder so it starts every single time I start my computer.
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

i found clanwars has just the bot for $4 first month then it drops to $3 So its cheaper then ordering a vps. I just wish nfo would offer this.