BF4 and High Tick Rate

Got3n
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF4 and High Tick Rate

Post by Got3n »

So I was waiting for high tick rate to hit the servers and now that they have I have a few questions.

1. Does NFO offer this option yet? I would assume they do
2. I was looking at getting a dedicated server and having it managed so I can put 1 instance of a 64man BF4 server on it @144hz tick rate, if there a trial period or grace period in case the server hardware still wont handle this type of server?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: BF4 and High Tick Rate

Post by kraze »

This option is not yet available. Once we finish our testing we will start rolling it out to customers.

I also would not expect you to be able to get a full 64 slot server at 144Hz running well, even on some of the fastest hardware. A full 64 slot BF4 server is going to be a nice chunk of the core at 30Hz. Currently, there is no free trial for dedicated servers. I'd recommend you wait a bit and allow us finish our testing and roll out recommendations before making any final decisions.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The most that you would be able to do with a 64-slot server is likely around 60hz, even on the best gear. If you want to run multiple servers per machine, 40hz is more realistic. As Kraze said, after we finish our testing, we'll have better recommendations, and we'll integrate them into our order page for standalone servers.
Got3n
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Got3n »

Ah ok, really was hoping 1 dedicated server for one instance of a BF4 server @ 144hz. Dang!