Having trouble loading my website

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Logano
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Having trouble loading my website

Post by Logano »

When trying to load my site, I get a page telling me "No website is currently set up at this address."

when I add /wordpress to the end of the URL, I get the actual page... How did I screw up, and how can I fix this issue?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Having trouble loading my website

Post by Edge100x »

This sounds like a cache problem. Have you tried clearing the cache in your browser?
Logano
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Logano »

I just cleared my cache... now I am getting this

Warning: require(/usr/www/nsbgttt/public/wp-includes/load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/nsbgttt/public/wp-settings.php on line 21

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/usr/www/nsbgttt/public/wp-includes/load.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /usr/www/nsbgttt/public/wp-settings.php on line 21
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rlm850 »

If you used the auto-installer, you needed to clear out the subdomain field that is preset to a "wordpress" directory.

When you view your files through the file manager tab or an FTP client, is this wordpress folder actually there?
If it is, and you moved the files -- the wp-config must also be updated to reflect this change, and the subdomain removed from it to point to the main directory (/public/).

If you look at your domains tab, you'll see that you can set the folder in which a specific domain communicates respectively.
It should already be set to /public/, and anything you upload to /public/ is what you see upon immediately viewing your domain. If you upload page.php, it will be yourdomain.com/page.php. If there's a folder in there named wordpress, it's yourdomain.com/wordpress/page.php.

If, however, the directory is empty, you will see the NFO splash redirect page.

I tried viewing your site under your identifier (should have been nsbgttt.site.nfoservers.com), but it looks like you don't have it pointing anywhere, or you removed it.
Logano
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Logano »

What I did to fix my issue was:

1. I went in and deleted everything about the server
2. went in and created everything again
3. when auto-installing, I made sure that it didn't install to a folder
4. deleted and recreated the database

after doing all those steps the website worked :D
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rlm850 »

I would have happily walked you through the steps of just changing the directory within the wordpress config so we could avoid that -- but at least you go it working. :)