Need Help with Paypal IPN

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
i3u5hy
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Need Help with Paypal IPN

Post by i3u5hy »

Hello I am currently having problem with the PayPal IPN it does not seem to want to work for me and was hoping that some one here might know what is the problem

Dunno if this has anything to do with is but I am running XAMPP Version 5.6.8

This is what I have done...
Using developer.paypal.com
I went to this website https://github.com/paypal/ipn-code-samples that was on the developer.paypal.com site and clicked on paypal_ipn.php file and made a new folder in my htdocs called test and past the Raw content in to a txt and saved it as a .php

I then went to the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Simulator and entered the address (My IP Address) --> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/test/ipn.php and set is as Express check out and then clicked on Send IPN

the page refreshes but stays the same but when I scroll up to the top of the page is says this "IPN was not sent, and the handshake was not verified. Please review your information." in Red box but nothing is made in folder or nothing happens at all

If I type in the address in my browser address I can see in the folder it creates a ipn.log that says [2015-11-12 15:18 Europe/Berlin] Can't connect to PayPal to validate IPN message: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Using my Website
the website that I am using use to work with ipn before hand and I have a copy of it but it wont work for me at all and nothing has been changed apart from the email address that receives the payment

in paypal its self I have added the link to the original ipn.php that use to work but I get a email saying

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

/storescripts/my_ipn.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Also might be help.. with the original Cart they was using is had this line

// Finish the Paypal Checkout Btn
$pp_checkout_btn .= '<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="' . $product_id_array . '">
<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="/storescripts/my_ipn.php">
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="/payment_complete.php">
<input type="hidden" name="rm" value="2">
<input type="hidden" name="cbt" value="Return to The Store">
<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="/cart.php">
<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="US">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
<input type="image" align="right" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/b ... eckout.gif" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - its fast, free and secure!">
</form>';

My paypal Account type Premier

So if any one could help me out in any way that would be amazing...