Setting Teamspeak max slots

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
AdrianMrn
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Setting Teamspeak max slots

Post by AdrianMrn »

Hey guys, I'm running a Teamspeak server with the basic license which gives me 32 slots. How would I turn this down to say, 16 slots?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Setting Teamspeak max slots

Post by soja »

Right click the server name in your teamspeak client(assuming your client has the permissions to edit the virtual server), and click "Edit Virtual Server".

Like so:
Not a NFO employee
AdrianMrn
New to forums
New to forums

Post by AdrianMrn »

Yeah, should've said I already did that but other admins can change it back to 32. Is there any way I can set it so they can't change it? Would I have to create an additional server group that doesn't have access to it?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Yes, that would be the best way to go about it. The easiest thing to do would be to copy your existing Server Admin group and then remove the permissions you do not wish they have. In this specific case you'd want to remove b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients from their group so they couldn't modify slots.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
AdrianMrn
New to forums
New to forums

Post by AdrianMrn »

kraze wrote:Yes, that would be the best way to go about it. The easiest thing to do would be to copy your existing Server Admin group and then remove the permissions you do not wish they have. In this specific case you'd want to remove b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients from their group so they couldn't modify slots.
Thank you so much!