Official vs Ranked (the hacker version)

PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Official vs Ranked (the hacker version)

Post by PowersGaming »

Our 64p BF4 server is full most nights, due in part because we run "OFFICIAL" and depend highly on "QuickMatch" traffic. I get why EA/DICE created "OFFICIAL" servers with absolutely no control whatsoever (see below), but the hackers.................................... Is there anyway to stop this plague ? I report probably 4 or 5 of these guys every night, whilst listening to the onslaught of complaints from online players. Does EA/DICE have any future plans to get more aggressive on hackers ? Is there nothing we can do other than shift to "Ranked" ? If I do shift to "Ranked", does the saved info in Admin/BanList.txt apply to the new mode ?

OFFICIAL: You know what you (as a player) are getting: same map rotation, same ticket counts, no rules, no bad admins. Completely unmanaged. Quickmatch players driven to these servers only, so more likely to fill up and stay filled. For PC players who want that PS3 or Xbox BF4 experience.

RANKED: You don't know what you (as a player) are getting: map rotation, tickets, rules, bad admins; could be anything. Managed (some more than others). That said, if you want a 24x7 TDM single map server, or Mixed, or Hardcore, or anything not plain vanilla, Ranked is the only game in town. No Quickmatch players, so might have a harder time filling up and staying full.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Official vs Ranked (the hacker version)

Post by TacTicToe »

Firewall.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

TacTicToe wrote:Firewall.
Thanks... How would I set that up ? Is that a Procon addon or something NFO related ?
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

No you cant use firewall. It wont work on battlelog. They can still connect to it. It works for steam and other games. To top that off, i think NFO has disable this feature (abide by the official rules) but Im not sure they would have to confirm that.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

That's what I thought... Just figured I'd start this thread to make sure.

Bottom line: There's absolutely nothing we can do with an "Official" server. Nothing. No control whatsoever.

I feel like some Hollywood actress that's screwing her way to the top. "Official" servers (ie: QuickMatch traffic) are necessary to develop a "favorites" following where we might then switch to "Ranked" and enjoy a full server, void of hackers.

I'll let you guys know when I get nominated for an Oscar... 8)
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Sorry. Thought the firewall was how people were dealing with problem players on their official servers. Swore I read that somewhere.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

TacTicToe wrote:Sorry. Thought the firewall was how people were dealing with problem players on their official servers. Swore I read that somewhere.
I think you're correct actually. Like you enter the IP (found in Procon) and this individual is thereby prohibited from joining your server. I'm beginning to think now tho that EA/DICE has made "Official" servers totally uncontrollable by any and all means.

I like that everybody here is helpful. Thank you for posting.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

My understanding is that using the firewall to remove players (even hackers and griefers) is against the tos. I shut our BF4 server down due to EA repeatedly thumbing their nose at server hosters.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

Was talking to a guy the other day who had a rather unique way of dealing with hackers on "Official" servers.. Since most of them have new accounts and don't bother paying for Premium, simply set Procon up to run something like Metro as "next map". It'll empty out half of a full server, but the hacker will be gone.

1) Open Procon

2) Under the "Lists" tab, chose "Maplist"

3) Set "Rounds" to "1"

4) Highlight a popular Conquest Large map not included in the original mappack (like Metro or Caspian)

5) Hit the upper blue arrow once to move the map across to the "Current Maplist"

6) Right click on the highlighted map that you just moved over, and then click on "Set as next map" (note: you don't need to move this map up or down in the maplist)

7) After the new map has started, highlight it again and use the lower blue arrow to remove it from the "Current Maplist"