Project squad, game

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Project squad, game

Post by FAST »

Based on my findings with our servers, a full 64 server uses 12-13% total on e3-1270 (full machine) and most likely a bit less on E31270v2 and up. I agree I wouldn't recommend on a VDS if you are putting up a high slot count server.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you're looking at overall usage for the machine, 12.5% on a machine with 8 hyperthread cores would represent one full physical CPU core. For a single-threaded game, it is definitely topping out.

They were pretty optimistic with their initial goal of 100 slots. If an E3-1270 can only do 64, they have a huge amount of optimizing left to go (CPU usage increase as the player count rises is often closer to being exponential than linear, so they probably need to double their performance, or better, to get up to 100).
Soulzz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Soulzz »

From what I was told, they have not worked on the server binaries much at all, much less animation pass optimization. They said once they finish with the major stuff, the server/animation optimization will come soon, and it should be much better.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

I'm about ready to write this one off myself, their support and response times are slower than a certain REALLY bad GSP I've had to deal with. IMO they were no where near ready for this launch, even as as EA release. Such a waste of potential.
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

TacTieToe, they have bad response times because they aren't actually a legit company. The game project squad is a standalone of project reality, they are just a bunch of modders trying to make a game, so you cant expect them to be taken as serious as a actual company.
Soulzz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Soulzz »

This couldn't be more false. One group failed, this group is succeeding, OWI.

Project Reality is a stand alone of BF2.

Squad is a game based of the Unreal Engine 4.

They are programmers, artists, sure they started as modders, doesn't any good programmer?
Soulzz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Soulzz »

Are you trying to get a server, or get files?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Soulzz wrote:Are you trying to get a server, or get files?
Yes. Litoralis PMed me a week+ ago we were approved. Still no server files. No more responses. Apparently they had a much greater response than they anticipated, which is one of the reasons I am saying it was not ready for prime time. Server files should have been ready to go via SteamCMD, pretty much on day one. He told me he was waiting for me on our TS3 server but got kicked for AFK, which makes no sense because out server does not have an AFK kicker. They seem to just be too busy.

I had hoped to get the files from NFO, but since our box is un-managed there is nothing they can do either. Not being able to have a server online at launch is detrimental to getting a server populated. You need to be in on the ground floor. The longer you go without being able to have that online presence, the further behind the 8ball you slide. Which is another reason I am about to write this game off. :roll:

It is what it is.
Soulzz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Soulzz »

Ask NFO for a server with Squad on it. They will help :).

We did and we have a box.
President Evil
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by President Evil »

getting some odd behavior since today's update

President Evil
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by President Evil »

nevermind, fixed now
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Sometimes games mistakenly also include connection requests/waiting players in the total. That might be what happened there. I'll have to take a closer look.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Their query response is definitely broken. I'll try to work around it.
Soulzz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Soulzz »

They are working on a fix for the player list issue in the coming days, from what I hear.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Well unfortunately, waiting 2 months now for server files we were told we were getting is ridiculous. I have pretty much lost faith in these developers. I honestly do not think they will ever achieve what they have set out to, with 100 player servers etc. Chalking this one up as a lost cause and un-installing.

Will shift my focus now to Days of War, as these devs seem to be more realistic with game expectations and what they expect to be as an end result. Already looking to host a server with them during the beta stages. They will also be releasing mod tools and are very PC gaming oriented. I would suggest people take a serious look at them, at least until Squad gets their act together. :roll: