CUP_Terrains causing dedicated server not to start. (No RPT Generated)

Drifter
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CUP_Terrains causing dedicated server not to start. (No RPT Generated)

Post by Drifter »

Hello. I am currently getting a server setup for a realism unit, and I am having problems.

Problem, after first uploading All In ArMA Terrain Pack to the server. I have been getting this issue, the server won't start, and generates no helpful RPT file. The server generates one, but it has nothing on it except the launch parameters and the server OS and ArmA patch.

So, I though it was a problem with AIA, knowing it is no longer updated. So I switched to CUP_Terrains, thinking it was going to work with no errors. Wrong. Samething. Wierd thing is, the server can run CUP_Terrains_Core but NOT CUP_Terrains_Maps. I don't know why... and I don't know how, this isn't my first time running a ArmA 3 dedicated server, with AIA. My first with CUP_terrains, but they are basically the same.

I have experience working with dedicated servers, as I ran 2 past ArmA 3 servers. All through NFOServers. Had 0 problems in the past with them.

I will link the RPT file, to show you there is literally nothing being reported.
RTP File: http://pastebin.com/WJgbFYRG

I even let the server try and run for a good 30 or so minutes, and still, nothing new in the RPT and no server start.
And I know when the server crashes, because it generates a BIDMP file in the same folder as the RPT, so even if I let it sit for a day, the server will still not start.

You can see, I am running CBA, CUP_Core, and CUP_terrains_maps. I did rename the mod folders to something shorter, I also did this in the past with no issues.

Another thing to note, is that when I run all of our other mods, (CBA, ACE3, TFAR, EODS, MCC, Leights_Opfor etc.) the server runs completely fine 100% no errors! But when I introduced CUP and AIA, the server stops immediately, generating no proper RPT to resolve the issue. And no, I am not running both AIA and CUP at the same time. I am switching to CUP Terrains.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: CUP_Terrains causing dedicated server not to start. (No RPT Generated)

Post by Caliban55 »

Drifter wrote:Hello. I am currently getting a server setup for a realism unit, and I am having problems.

Problem, after first uploading All In ArMA Terrain Pack to the server. I have been getting this issue, the server won't start, and generates no helpful RPT file. The server generates one, but it has nothing on it except the launch parameters and the server OS and ArmA patch.

So, I though it was a problem with AIA, knowing it is no longer updated. So I switched to CUP_Terrains, thinking it was going to work with no errors. Wrong. Samething. Wierd thing is, the server can run CUP_Terrains_Core but NOT CUP_Terrains_Maps. I don't know why... and I don't know how, this isn't my first time running a ArmA 3 dedicated server, with AIA. My first with CUP_terrains, but they are basically the same.

I have experience working with dedicated servers, as I ran 2 past ArmA 3 servers. All through NFOServers. Had 0 problems in the past with them.

I will link the RPT file, to show you there is literally nothing being reported.

I even let the server try and run for a good 30 or so minutes, and still, nothing new in the RPT and no server start.
And I know when the server crashes, because it generates a BIDMP file in the same folder as the RPT, so even if I let it sit for a day, the server will still not start.

You can see, I am running CBA, CUP_Core, and CUP_terrains_maps. I did rename the mod folders to something shorter, I also did this in the past with no issues.

Another thing to note, is that when I run all of our other mods, (CBA, ACE3, TFAR, EODS, MCC, Leights_Opfor etc.) the server runs completely fine 100% no errors! But when I introduced CUP and AIA, the server stops immediately, generating no proper RPT to resolve the issue. And no, I am not running both AIA and CUP at the same time. I am switching to CUP Terrains.

This is usually the result of a mod/mission not loading correctly due to missing dependencies (or wrong versions), spelling mistakes, misplaced semicolons. The server does not reach the "Ready" game started stage for some reason. Verify the integrity of the mods you uploaded. Also check in your server.cfg file for the following allow commdands:

Code: Select all

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; 
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; 
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] = {"htm","html","xml","txt"};
Try to comment them out if you use them, in case the mod requires a allow state that is not whitelisted there. Also check if the sever runs on your home client with the mod set.
Drifter
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Drifter »

Caliban55 wrote:
Drifter wrote:Hello. I am currently getting a server setup for a realism unit, and I am having problems.

This is usually the result of a mod/mission not loading correctly due to missing dependencies (or wrong versions), spelling mistakes, misplaced semicolons. The server does not reach the "Ready" game started stage for some reason. Verify the integrity of the mods you uploaded. Also check in your server.cfg file for the following allow commdands:

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; 
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; 
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] = {"htm","html","xml","txt"};
Try to comment them out if you use them, in case the mod requires a allow state that is not whitelisted there. Also check if the sever runs on your home client with the mod set.
Would I insert the 3 allowed scripts at the bottom of my server.cfg or anywhere?
Drifter
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Drifter »

No luck with the 3 allowed script lines.

The wierd thing is, that in the past when I ran 3 servers through my ordered VPS with AIA I still have the same exact files, I have not reinstalled them or removed any files from the AIA folders nor were there any updates. When I tried AIA 2 days ago, no luck. Switched to CUP_Terrains to see if AIA was the problem, still no luck.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Drifter wrote:No luck with the 3 allowed script lines.

The wierd thing is, that in the past when I ran 3 servers through my ordered VPS with AIA I still have the same exact files, I have not reinstalled them or removed any files from the AIA folders nor were there any updates. When I tried AIA 2 days ago, no luck. Switched to CUP_Terrains to see if AIA was the problem, still no luck.
The idea was to comment them out and not use the allow paramters, for example:

//allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; 
Are you using a single rented gameserver, or a VDS?

And are you using all the latest version of CUP with the requirments (from the RPT you are only loading CUP and CUP_Maps):
CUP Terrains – Complete – Patch v1.0.0 to v1.0.1
CUP Terrains – Core – Patch v1.0.0 to v1.0.1
CUP Terrains – Maps – v1.0.1

CBA_A3 v2.2.0.151130 (from here: https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/releases)

Try to load a default (CUP)mission and start the server with the -autoInit start-up parameter. Check if you are not using the 3d Eden map editor.
Drifter
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Drifter »

Caliban55 wrote:
Drifter wrote:No luck with the 3 allowed script lines.

The idea was to comment them out and not use the allow paramters, for example:

//allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; 
Are you using a single rented gameserver, or a VDS?

And are you using all the latest version of CUP with the requirments (from the RPT you are only loading CUP and CUP_Maps):
CUP Terrains – Complete – Patch v1.0.0 to v1.0.1
CUP Terrains – Core – Patch v1.0.0 to v1.0.1
CUP Terrains – Maps – v1.0.1

CBA_A3 v2.2.0.151130 (from here: https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/releases)

Try to load a default (CUP)mission and start the server with the -autoInit start-up parameter. Check if you are not using the 3d Eden map editor.
Hey Caliban. I found out my problem. I tried downloading the mods from a different source other than ArmAholic and PlayWithSix, and it seems as if the Cup_Terrains_Maps was a corrupt download. Downloading from their google drive works.

Thanks for all the help you put in to the NFO community. I will definitely keep note of what you mentioned in case I run into anything related to it.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Glad that it works now :D . I sometimes helps to use the checksums, if a download provides those and if they are kept up-to-date. Otherwise it is usually recommendable to use the official download sources, or Workshop links, if available. As it works now, enjoy CUP :) .