Server performance and security related config

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
suvam_2
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server performance and security related config

Post by suvam_2 »

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask I saw it Dedicated servers and Virtual Dedicated Servers and we have a 2 core Virtual Dedicated Server.
We host a Left 4 Dead 2 server and the OS of the VDS is Debian 8 x64. I want to secure the server from DDOS attacks and NFO has already filtered the DDOS attack we were facing.But I am not actually sure that still we are getting DDOS slowly or not I just want to know it and if it is then block it. And also I would like to know about the performance improvements of the server like server.cfg configs and rates etc.Our server has 25 slots.
Thank you very much.
a117yogi
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Server performance and security related config

Post by a117yogi »

in your VDS control panel under firewall you can capture detailed packets to see if theres a potential DDOS, another methed would be wireshark or other similar packet capture software

P.S. to admins im not sure it packet capture is against the TOS/TOU or not, please clarify on this matter
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Server performance and security related config

Post by kraze »

Packet capturing on your end from a VDS is perfectly fine.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!