Virtual Dedicated Server running ArmA 3 Altis Life

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
purealtis
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Virtual Dedicated Server running ArmA 3 Altis Life

Post by purealtis »

Hello,

I am running a pretty popular ArmA 3 server on my VDS. Every once in a while my server crashes, the error looks like this:

Out of memory (requested -191756 KB).
footprint 1651376128 KB.
pages 81920 KB.

I tried allocating more virtual memory, setting it to system managed, etc. Still nothing works.

Before the server crashes, the dedicated RAM usage is not high at all, around 33%. The CPU usage is only around 50%.

I have no idea what's going on and I need help fast!

Thank you so much!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Virtual Dedicated Server running ArmA 3 Altis Life

Post by Edge100x »

I believe ArmA3 is 32-bit software and can only use 2 GB of memory per thread, minus some overhead for file buffers. It is possible that customizations are pushing your server to try to use more than that, causing the crash. I don't have much experience with that error personally, though -- someone else might be able to chime in here with a better analysis.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

The problem here is not the VDS itself, ArmA3 version 1.54 introduced this error and Life mods in particular are affected by this (last I read, Bohemia is currently looking at animations for the cause of this, though I have my doubts....). The bugtracker is full of those "Out of memory" reports, I also noticed them on our server.

There is nothing that can be done about this except to wait for Bohemia to fix this problem with upcoming version 1.56 (or later), or use a legacy branch 1.52, which still works.
lozonr
New to forums
New to forums

Post by lozonr »

Ill tell you there is only 1 way to fix this problem, my server kept crashing due to this error, you can fix the .dll that are causing this problem. Once we fixed our .dll files it worked and we have yet to have the problem since. This fix has been stated by Bohemia themselves.
If you need help coding let me know :D