RDP can't connect to VDS

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Dyin109
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

RDP can't connect to VDS

Post by Dyin109 »

Hi there!! I purchased a VDS 2-3 hours ago. A colleague used the RDP info in our control panel to try logging in. He said it connected for a second and then booted him out. Now whenever he or I attempt to log in with RDP it can't connect. He attempted to use the VNC console right after and said it was not working. I attempted the VNC a little later and was able to connect but RDP is still not connecting. Any suggestions on what to do? Keep in mind I'm kinda a noob at all this stuff so talk s l o w l y... please! :wink:
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: RDP can't connect to VDS

Post by kraze »

Do you see any error when trying to connect over RDP or VNC console?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Remember also that only one of you can connect at a time on the same account. If he was logged on, and you logged on after, it would kick him off.

Can your connect through the NFO control panel?
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Pen
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Pen »

Hi everyone, I am Dyin's partner and we figured out what was going on. When I first connected to the new server via RDP, I did not pay attention to the new network dialogue box that asked to assign the current network either as a public or private network. I chose public and it took me a while to realize this was the reason for the lock out becuase by doing so, the public firewall rules kicked in which did not allow for RDP to the server as this is normally allowed on a private network.

Thankfully, NFO has VNC in place as an alternative and this allowed me to make the necessary changes. But this too was only after I realized that my copy of Real VNC viewer was probably the limiting factor and I downloaded and installed TightVNC.

Thank you for attempting to help though.