Moving over from Simple Machine forum to Invision Power Board

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
The Asian
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Moving over from Simple Machine forum to Invision Power Board

Post by The Asian »

Basic Details -

Domain - Colosseum-Gaming.com
Under Server Package
Use - Filezilla FTP | PHPMyAdmin | NFO Control

For the last 7 months, my community has been using Simple Machines. As of this month, I have attempted to move us over to Invision Power Board. I first bought a cloud plan for Invision Power Board, hosting a temporary domain with them to test. I converted our databases for SMF 2.0.11 over to their IPS 3.4.9 version. From there, the conversion was completed and was upgraded to IPS 4.1.8. Having successfully been able to transfer my community to their cloud, I purchased a self host license from Invision Power. I was given the backup to the cloud as well as an installation package to install on FTP under NFO. However, I have no idea in how I install my backup on NFO Cpanel as NFO doesn't have that option. How do I go about this?

Regards,

The Asian | Owner of Colosseum-Gaming.com
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Moving over from Simple Machine forum to Invision Power Board

Post by kraze »

It depends on what's in the backup, but generally you'd just need to upload those files to your servers FTP. If you have databases you would need to import those via phpMyAdmin.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!