Cloudflare + NFOServers mail

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
lithium720
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Cloudflare + NFOServers mail

Post by lithium720 »

I am aware that NFO doesn't really support the idea of cloudflare, but it is indeed working out well for me.

I can't seem to figure out how to get webmail to work with cloudflare's DNS and nfoservers mail client / server.

I really can't see a way for it to work even if I did set my domain to use your guys' mail.nfoservers.com server, because I wouldn't have a way to create a mail account.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Cloudflare + NFOServers mail

Post by Edge100x »

You are right that we don't officially support, or recommend, the use of CloudFlare. Performance-wise, a regular CDN does just as much to speed up a site, and DDoS mitigation-wise, we've seen it cause more problems than it solves, at least for our shared-webhosting clients.

That said, as long as you continue to have your domain listed on the Domains page in your webhosting account, and you have CloudFlare set up to have the MX (mail server) entry for your domain point to mail.nfoservers.com, it should work fine. You could continue to create mail accounts through the control panel and use the regular webmail client.
lithium720
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Cloudflare + NFOServers mail

Post by lithium720 »

Thank you so much!