Restart Message

ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Restart Message

Post by ChickenWings »

Hey guys im running a Managed Arma 3 server. What would be the best way about going to have a restart messages happen? Kinda sucks to just have a random restart with no warning.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Restart Message

Post by J-English »

you cant unless you run it on unmanaged and use BEC for that.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

J-English is correct, you can't use BEC in a managed enviroment, as you can't run the .exe file.

You have a few options.
  • You could change the server to an umanaged service.
  • You can use BattlEye to send a timed restart message to the server from a client computer, which of course would require that this computer is connected to the Internet when the messages is scheduled to be send.
  • You can implement a simple function into the mission/server configuration to execute a message at a specified time.
If you want to do that for a simple restart message is up to you.
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

How could i use BattleEye to do that? Sorry still new to Battleye stuff. i have a small box i use for mysql stuff so its online 24/7.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

You can download the BattlEye Rcon tool from the BattlEye website here: https://www.battleye.com/downloads/

The Rcon tool allows you to connect to the ArmA server and issue commands there, for example a global message using the say -1 command. For the timed message to display, you can follow this procedure:
1) Create a batch file in the BattlEye Rcon tool folder with the following structure:

Code: Select all

BERCon.exe -host YOUR_SERVER_IP -port YOUR_SERVER_PORT -pw YOUR_SERVER_BATTLEYE_PASSWORD -cmd say -1 YOUR_MESSSAGE_HERE -cmd quit
2) Set up the Windows Task Scheduler to run that batch file at the time you want.

If you are using a Linux OS, you will have to set up a cron job in combination with WINE, as the BattlEye Rcon tool is not available for Linux.
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

Seem to be having a problem with my recon... My BEServer.cfg is
RConPassword Password
RConPort 2306
RConIP 104.153.108.**
But i still can not connect using recon tools i tried EMP recon tool still didnt work. Is my BEServer.cfg setup wrong?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

ChickenWings wrote:Seem to be having a problem with my recon... My BEServer.cfg is
RConPassword Password
RConPort 2306
RConIP 104.153.108.**
But i still can not connect using recon tools i tried EMP recon tool still didnt work. Is my BEServer.cfg setup wrong?
Looks correct. Are you sure that the port is 2306 in a managed enviroment though?
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

turns out i had the BEServer.cfg in wrong folder lmao
SamTheMan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SamTheMan »

Just add a script (some found on even altisliferpg.com), set the messages to give warnings every 3 hours, etc.