BEC For Arma 3 Altis life.

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BEC For Arma 3 Altis life.

Post by ChickenWings »

Hello everyone im trying to lunch BEC for my altis life server.
Here is a problem im having
BEServer file contains double extension Please use BEServer.cfg

I Have a beserver.cfg in my folder and also have the path set to battleye in the config/config.cfg file in bec...

Any ideas?
Snugzz
A regular
A regular

Re: BEC For Arma 3 Altis life.

Post by Snugzz »

Says double extension. Just my 2 cents it may not be worth it but do you have file extensions enabled if you're running on a windows server.
I know that windows hides extensions and yea so it may actually be reading as beserver.cfg.cfg which could be your problem :P
You may not like my 2 cents. But the next person may need it.
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

Snugzz wrote:Says double extension. Just my 2 cents it may not be worth it but do you have file extensions enabled if you're running on a windows server.
I know that windows hides extensions and yea so it may actually be reading as beserver.cfg.cfg which could be your problem :P
Thank you that's what it was lol. its weird cuz my PC says .cfg :P Now the problem is its not connecting to server. Says 104.153.108.69:2302 for IP i also put 127.0.0.1
06:40:22 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:40:26 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:40:30 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:40:34 : Lost Connection!
06:40:34 : Closing socket & exiting!
06:41:21 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:41:25 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:41:29 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:41:33 : Lost Connection!
06:41:33 : Closing socket & exiting!
06:49:53 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:49:57 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:50:01 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:52:29 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:52:33 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:53:02 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:53:06 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:53:10 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:53:14 : Lost Connection!
06:53:14 : Closing socket & exiting!
06:55:30 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:55:34 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
06:55:38 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

What are your BEC.exe start parameters? With ArmA3 you usually have to disable a server check using the --dsc switch. It would look like this:

Code: Select all

BEC.exe --dsc -f config.cfg
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

Caliban55 wrote:What are your BEC.exe start parameters? With ArmA3 you usually have to disable a server check using the --dsc switch. It would look like this:

Code: Select all

BEC.exe --dsc -f config.cfg
So make a start.bat for bec?

if so i did this
cd "BEC"

start "" "BEC.exe --dsc -f config.cfg
and still got same error
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

You can use a desktop shortcut and add the parameters there, or a batch file, whatever you prefer (you can also start it through a command prompt window in the BEC installation folder - which I would recommend for the first configuration/start, as it gives you a output that you can work with).

Make sure that your BattlEye is running correctly without errors.
Snugzz
A regular
A regular

Post by Snugzz »

Hehe. Glad to see I could help. Good luck on your Altis Life server :)
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

Caliban55 wrote:You can use a desktop shortcut and add the parameters there, or a batch file, whatever you prefer (you can also start it through a command prompt window in the BEC installation folder - which I would recommend for the first configuration/start, as it gives you a output that you can work with).

Make sure that your BattlEye is running correctly without errors.
RConPassword test
RConPort 2306
This is my BEServer.cfg
It changes its name to BEServer_active_4ea6 which tells me its Active.
But its still giving same error that its not connecting:(
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

Was reading BEC was stopped? Maybe i have an older one
Snugzz
A regular
A regular

Post by Snugzz »

Try seeing if you can assign the IP and Port separately. Or if you can just do the IP.

Also check to see if the port is open on the box

http://www.canyouseeme.org/

This is a good website to test it.
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

Snugzz wrote:Try seeing if you can assign the IP and Port separately. Or if you can just do the IP.

Also check to see if the port is open on the box

http://www.canyouseeme.org/

This is a good website to test it.
Hmm i went to that web and its saying port 3202 is closed:O but i use that port to connect to arma 3 server which works fine
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

I am using TADST to start the server. Could this be the problem?
Snugzz
A regular
A regular

Post by Snugzz »

Shouldn't be. I don't remember if you can manually open the port of if NFO has to. I would wait until one of the staff members. Probably Kraze responds with more information on that.
Also run the port thing with your arma 3 server closed and not running. That could make it say closed if you don't
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

BEC support was stopped after the "monetarization" episode from BIS, but the author continued to work on BEC again a short time after that, as the community was encouraging him to continue work. You can (and should) download the latest version from the BEC website:
http://ibattle.org/

This is not an issue of ports, as BEC ties into the running BattlEye process and is running directly on the server running ArmA3 and BE. Please try to verify that you can connect successfully to BE using the command prompt tool BERcon, which I mentioned in your other thread from your home client (it should work, as the name change of the BEServer.cfg to "active" usually indicates a successfully started BE thread). Please post your BEC config.cfg (did you also define a short star-up delay in this config, between 30 - 60 seconds should be OK).

I would highly recommend not to use a 3rd party managing tool to handle a Arma server. This makes troubleshooting a real pain. Please try to run the server by starting the arma3server.exe and the server.cfg and basic.cfg configuration files alone.
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

Caliban55 wrote:BEC support was stopped after the "monetarization" episode from BIS, but the author continued to work on BEC again a short time after that, as the community was encouraging him to continue work. You can (and should) download the latest version from the BEC website:
http://ibattle.org/

This is not an issue of ports, as BEC ties into the running BattlEye process and is running directly on the server running ArmA3 and BE. Please try to verify that you can connect successfully to BE using the command prompt tool BERcon, which I mentioned in your other thread from your home client (it should work, as the name change of the BEServer.cfg to "active" usually indicates a successfully started BE thread). Please post your BEC config.cfg (did you also define a short star-up delay in this config, between 30 - 60 seconds should be OK).

I would highly recommend not to use a 3rd party managing tool to handle a Arma server. This makes troubleshooting a real pain. Please try to run the server by starting the arma3server.exe and the server.cfg and basic.cfg configuration files alone.
I Got BEC To work:P Moved the port to 2306 and BAM! I MAde a Bat file to start my Arma 3 server works perfect:) Can u recommend tool for me to make it check to Updates and make sure server is running if it crashes?