Sound Trigger Addons

Trauma
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Sound Trigger Addons

Post by Trauma »

Me and my friend have a server hosted with you guys and buy the way we like it and not laggy :wink: anyways we would like to add sound triggers but i cant figure that crap out i downloaded some thing from admin mod.org but i dont know where to upload the files. So can anyone of you help us or someone from Nuclear Fall Out can you guys help im always on so it wont be hard to contact me thanks peace
Abyss 4 Ever
http://www.abyss-generations.com
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Sound Trigger Addons

Post by Nick|NFo »

Trauma wrote:Me and my friend have a server hosted with you guys and buy the way we like it and not laggy :wink: anyways we would like to add sound triggers but i cant figure that crap out i downloaded some thing from admin mod.org but i dont know where to upload the files. So can anyone of you help us or someone from Nuclear Fall Out can you guys help im always on so it wont be hard to contact me thanks peace
Abyss 4 Ever
http://www.abyss-generations.com
I believe you are talking about the sank sounds, I have them installed on my server as well.

Its an adminmod plugin, you need to extract the files in their appropiate places.

1.) Put all of the wav files in your MOD's sound\misc directory, for example,
"..\half-life\cstrike\sounds\misc" or "..\hlserver\%MOD%\sounds\misc"

2.) Put the plugin_sank_sounds.amx
file in your mod's dlls directory, as described in the AdminMod installation
guide, and modify your plugin.ini file to include the line,
"dlls\plugin_sank_sounds.amx"
also as described in the AdminMod installation guide. If you have
plugin_sank_antiflood installed, be sure its entry in the plugin.ini file is on
a line prior to the sounds plugin, or the sounds won't have the flood
protection. The antiflood plugin actually should be the very first entry in
the plugin.ini file for maximum effectiveness.

3.) Put the snd-list.cfg file in your mod's root directory, for example,
"..\half-life\cstrike\snd-list.cfg" or "..\hlserver\%MOD%\snd-list.cfg"

Now there are two methods of distributing the sound, either have the user download it when they connect to your server, or have them download a mappack if they really want the sounds.

If you want them to download it upon connecting to that map, then you need to put all the sounds into a RES file for each map and just copy it.

Personally, I just have a mappack, and a soundpack. If they want the sounds, they can dl it.

any other questions let me know.
-Nick
To'mas
Founder
Founder

Post by To'mas »

Nice post acuraCLS, you are going to teach us all how to handle this stuff. Thanks a lot :D
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

To'mas wrote:Nice post acuraCLS, you are going to teach us all how to handle this stuff. Thanks a lot :D
You can call me Nick, I bugged you on IRC sometimes :P
-Nick
mD Moving Target
New to forums
New to forums

Post by mD Moving Target »

GUH! Sank Sounds = Spam. I took that off along time ago. But, I would set it to where only admins would would have access to play sounds, just my 2 cents.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

mD Moving Target wrote:GUH! Sank Sounds = Spam. I took that off along time ago. But, I would set it to where only admins would would have access to play sounds, just my 2 cents.
i coded it that it only plays for dead people, and you can only do it so much. NO MORE SPAM :)

plus i dont force the download using res files, if they want the sounds, they have to download my sound pack

Nick
-Nick