Days of War servers?

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Manley10422
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Days of War servers?

Post by Manley10422 »

How many people here other than me would be interested in a Days of War server?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Days of War servers?

Post by TacTicToe »

Already have one, but as game is still early in closed beta, consideration is still a long ways off.

Also...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13656&hilit=days+of+war
Inputnamehere
A regular
A regular

Post by Inputnamehere »

Any new info on this? Game released today along with the server files.
Soulzz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Soulzz »

Interested as well :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We're looking at it. Being a UE game, it should be possible to add support for, but it is a bit more complicated than Source would be (for instance).
Inputnamehere
A regular
A regular

Post by Inputnamehere »

Edge100x wrote:We're looking at it. Being a UE game, it should be possible to add support for, but it is a bit more complicated than Source would be (for instance).

You guys host a good handful of UE games, is it time consuming, will this take longer to add to the list of games hosted?

I hope you do add linux support. Even if it's not up to par with the windows version couldn't you still add it for vps/dedi users and have the windows version for both shared/vps-dedi?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

UE games tend to have more quirks, such as varied places for configuration files; and problems, such as malfunctioning server query systems, high CPU usage, and broken IP or port binding. These take more work to investigate and work around (when workarounds are possible), in contrast with Source games, which are more standardized and usually behave predictably out of the box. In terms of this specific game, it should take a bit of extra time, but it's hard to say how much extra, since it depends on its individual quirks.

(Games on some other engines can be even worse, of course.)

We always start with Windows support, since most of our customers use Windows and that is what our standalone platform primarily uses. If the game has Linux server support, we could look at that later on.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

☑ Bindable IP

☑ Bindable PORT

☑ Standalone Server Software (via SteamCMD)

☑ Low to moderate RAM/CPU usage

☑ Runs independent of Steam or third party software

☑ Rcon support

☒ Full release (not alpha/beta/early access)

Currently all configs are done in the DefaultGame.ini file.

I have created a script to install and do everything for you, for those that have Windows VDS or Windows Full box un-managed.

http://www.gameservertrack.com/forum/vi ... ?f=41&t=27

Script and easy config setup is there. Once Driven Arts fully integrates Steam, the auto update part will work. For now it will just install the server, monitor it to make sure it is not crashed, and auto edit your config files when there is an update. To update just kill the server and re-start the script.

Unfortunately at this stage of release, game is not as popular as I had hoped. Once it goes to full release, hopefully it picks up.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We've added this to our order page now. We set it to standard pricing to begin with, as we don't yet have good data on resource consumption at different player counts.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Resource usage has gone down. There was a memory leak they patched a couple months ago, and it has been much more steady. Haven't really had a chance to monitor it since server files went live because for now people seem to favor EU servers. :?