Overwrote key binding for admin console

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Strakitar
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Overwrote key binding for admin console

Post by Strakitar »

Hello all,

This is my first post, but please feel free to rip into me if that's your cup of tea. Now for the matter at hand -

I recently bought a third-party server for Left-4-Dead 2, and mistakenly overwrote the key binding that allows me to exit out of the admin menu in-game. Now, whenever I bring the menu up, I can't exit out of it! I'm still pretty new at this, so I'm having a hard time finding documentation on this issue. Is there a specific command I can use to rebind to the original key? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Overwrote key binding for admin console

Post by $atanic $pirit »

bind "key" "sm_admin"
Strakitar
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Strakitar »

Sorry, that didn't work. Just to be more specific, this is the "0" key which exits out of the admin console, not the binding that opens it up in the first place.
Strakitar
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Strakitar »

Special thanks to NFO technical support. If you overwrite a numbered slot in the in-game console (in my case, 0), bind 0 "slot10" did the trick!