Frankfurt and Chicago vps teamspeak

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Inputnamehere
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Frankfurt and Chicago vps teamspeak

Post by Inputnamehere »

I have a Chicago vps for teamspeak, and I have people from EU (UK, FR, GER, ITA) Is there anything I can do location and teamspeak wise to lower connection drops/ latency? Maybe buy another vps in Frankfurt?

Don't want to switch to New York.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Frankfurt and Chicago vps teamspeak

Post by Edge100x »

Reducing latency is mostly about reducing the length of the path taken by clients to the server. If most of your clients are in the EU, then Frankfurt would be the best location for them. NYC would be second-best. Both are solid locations in terms of stability here.
Inputnamehere
A regular
A regular

Post by Inputnamehere »

Edge100x wrote:Reducing latency is mostly about reducing the length of the path taken by clients to the server. If most of your clients are in the EU, then Frankfurt would be the best location for them. NYC would be second-best. Both are solid locations in terms of stability here.

Well my players are mostly from North America, and a quarter of them are from EU. I'd like to have them on a better connection if I can to the server. Is there a way to have it so theres kinda like 2 ts3 instances hypothetically, and the two vps servers are connected together? So when the EU player connects it brings them through a better connection from the EU server to US one? Or something like that, I've been told it can be done in some sort of way, maybe not like this, idk.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

This isn't going to necessarily solve your problem, but in theory you could setup two Teamspeak servers in each location, then have a client install on your VDS. You could then setup a bot to connect to both servers and just pass sound back and forth. The delay will still be there, but your players should stop seeing drops or latency spikes from needing to connect to a server so far away.

It sounds more complicated than it is, you're basically just installing the client version of TS3 to a VDS and then manually connecting it to both TS servers. You would then need use a virtual sound card (virtual audio cable) to pass sound back and forth.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!