Battlefield 1 Servers

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Battlefield 1 Servers

Post by stryfe »

I know I'm early on this but I'm just curious if anything has been said in regards to BF1 server rentals.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Battlefield 1 Servers

Post by kraze »

We don't have any information on BF1 hosting at the moment, but as soon as we have anything that we can share we'll definitely pass it along.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

I'm actually shocked. The game is due out in less than 2 months, right? I'm really surprised EA hasn't already sent out info to server hosts so they can prepare. Plus the beta is due out the end of this month and normally all the "chosen" server providers have servers then.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

I'm equally shocked as well. I remember for hardline and BF4 the providers had servers up and running for the entire beta. Kind of makes me nervous about the future of battlefield and server rentals.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

It's not looking good for us :(
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

We're still waiting for information from EA/Dice on how they are doing the RSP program. I really can't imagine they'd do a 180 and stop the RSP program, but it's likely they are heavily changing it(though I don't know for sure), and that's holding things up. It's also possible that the dedicated server isn't ready yet and needs some additional fine tuning.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

I'm sure it'll be something very limited or non-non-existance.
vvcjohnny
New to forums
New to forums

Post by vvcjohnny »

The dedicated server browser is certainly a good sign, looking forward to being able to play on community servers!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Not for nothing, but every since Bad Company 2, the way EA handles the servers and the restrictions imposed just get worse and worse. It gets to a point that you are paying thru the nose to host a server for THEM and not for yourself. To get players you have to give up all rights except the ability to change the server name. Cant kick, or ban or have reserved slots etc.

Whats the point?
NTD-RedRum
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NTD-RedRum »

Any word yet on the battlefield 1 servers?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

We don't have any new information as of yet.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Scratch1
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scratch1 »

Out of curiosity......how far in advance did NFO know about past BF titles (excluding BFront of course)?
Abdul
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Abdul »

It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

Abdul wrote:Hopefully this isn't true :cry: : http://www.anarchygaming.uk/Forum/battl ... r-rentals/
I have heard something about i3d to host bf1 servers, hopefully not what OP on that forum is talking about.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

i3D has an apparently exclusive contract to host various console games for EA and I wouldn't be surprised if they were given the ability to run BF1 servers. They are likely to know more about plans for what's going to happen than we do right now.

We knew months in advance for previous BF titles (with the exception of Battlefront), we were part of beta programs that allowed us to test resource usage, and we were able to offer preorders early on for each game.

In contrast, the servers for the BF1 beta were not run by RSPs (but instead run in-house by EA), and EA is withholding all information on whether there will even be a ranked server program.

The industry trend seems to be towards in-house/contracted hosting instead of allowing customers to run their own servers. There are very few new titles coming out that allow self-hosting.