CoD Remastered servers?

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CoD Remastered servers?

Post by stryfe »

https://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-moder ... d-servers/

Since we can't get Battlefield 1 servers, can we do these?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: CoD Remastered servers?

Post by kraze »

Depends if the files are public or not. If they are public and don't have any glaring issues I don't see why not.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Most likely not. This is all based off the past direction Activi$ion has gone.

They have been trying for some time now to kill off CoD4 as it is. This is their latest attempt. In order to get you to buy their next crappy release, they are offering a game you already own, re-masrtered, with half the original maps. They seem to favor one particularly horrbible and unreliable GSP over all others on the planet. This same GSP has a monopoly on all current servers, including Black Ops, Ghosts, Black Ops 2 and 3, probably AW as well, but I have not confirmed it because I haven't played it long enough to verify.

So if there are in fact servers, they will most likely be hosted by one of the worst GSP's on the planet, and probably controlled completely by Activi$ion, much like BO2 and BO3 and Ghosts are.

As company's become more greedy, they continue to find new ways to screw the client and add to their bottom line. The only thing we can do is vote with our wallet. Don't buy their games. Yes, I know it is asking a lot. I stopped buying games from EA due to the direction they have gone. I have stopped buying CoD games as well, for the same reason.

Our CoD4 server is full every night, great running NFO server, no lag and over 50 maps. IMHO people will get buyers remorse soon after the release of that remastered version. They will go right back to the original CoD4 server. It is a smooth running game and making it look prettier isnt going to make it more enjoyable. As I do not believe there will be clan hosted private servers, clans probably will be disappointed and quick to drop it.
Scratch1
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Scratch1 »

you are a buzzkill triple T, but all valid points for sure.......I can remember the first time I ever saw a post from you and it was back on the "original" HomeFront forums. No B.S. and straight to the point...thumbs up!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Thank you. I honestly would prefer to NOT be a buzzkill and come here and say I think all will be well and Activision is going to do right by us and we will have access to our own servers just as we did with the original. Unfortunately, been doing this for too long and am quite good at reading the writing on the wall. Greed is all that drive most AAA game developers these days. Its why when someone that does things right comes along, I go all in. Days of War is a good example. Donated $850 to the kickstarter and am hosting a beta server as a small reward. Great game, great devs, we get to host our own servers AND mod/map tools.

Most don't appreciate my straight forwardness, so thanks. Wish I could give what I consider good news. I honestly do.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Usually when a large developer says a game will "have dedicated servers" now, they mean that they'll be running them, not that people will be able to run their own. It is seen as a contrast with peer-to-peer matchmaking. That would be my default assumption for how it will be handled, absent other information.

Sometimes, such dedicated servers servers can be rented, but usually it is now from a short list of contracted companies -- perhaps even only from the developer itself. In the case of Activision, our appeals to run servers for them in the past were ignored.

This trend away from customer-run servers has been occurring as developers move to try to prevent cheating in "ranked" modes (to stop fast leveling on specially-configured servers, for instance), and to prevent people from abusing systems related to the sale of in-game items (to stop the use of custom skins, for instance, that may be just as good as ones you'd normally have to buy).
alexis92
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by alexis92 »

fivemstr wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:42 am Get the best fivem scripts for a reasonable price. Our products will improve the quality of your FiveM Server! Our team has tested all FiveM scripts and rated them. Save Big on Your Purchases Today.
Lmao, the spammers aren't very subtle these days are they?