Battlefield 1

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Battlefield 1

Post by markym »

Great discussion guys however very disappointed in what I'm reading here. My clan has been BF server renters for a long time and I was going to buy BF1 but now I'm going to wait. And I refuse to rent a server that gives us even less control then we've had before. Dam money hungry greedy game companies just continue to bitch slap the PC community. I really liked the beta too. I'll wait and see but if NFO doesn't have servers I'm not renting from someone else or someone we are forced to work with.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

markym wrote:Great discussion guys however very disappointed in what I'm reading here. My clan has been BF server renters for a long time and I was going to buy BF1 but now I'm going to wait. And I refuse to rent a server that gives us even less control then we've had before. Dam money hungry greedy game companies just continue to bitch slap the PC community. I really liked the beta too. I'll wait and see but if NFO doesn't have servers I'm not renting from someone else or someone we are forced to work with.
I feel the same way, it is disappointing.

Apparently there are a lot of kids out there that purchased servers, then treated the players so badly EA has to punich us all.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

TacTicToe wrote:They dont care if they lose tons of PC players. The consoles are their market now, and PC is just an after thought. It is easier this way, since console players generally have a much lower expectation level for a game than a PC player does. Minimum expectations means minimum effort with maximum profit. And that is what it is all about.
^^^ This
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Any word NFO on BF1 Servers???
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

I got this from Charlie earlier today:

If we're able to host this game, we'll be posting on News page of our site, as well as our forums.
So far, though, the early indications are that BF1 will be hosted in-house by EA, server providers may not be able to offer this game type at all.

Thanks,
Charlie

Later, EA actually made an announcement about an upcoming announcement regarding RSP's:

We are aware of the community's desire for more information regarding RSPs for Battlefield 1 and are working to roll out information as soon as possible.
I'm currently working with the game team and other CMs to finalize messaging so we can share more details.

Source: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/di ... ent_225911

Hoping NFO will be allowed to provide BF1 Servers... Wouldn't be the same without them.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

PowersGaming wrote:I got this from Charlie earlier today:

If we're able to host this game, we'll be posting on News page of our site, as well as our forums.
So far, though, the early indications are that BF1 will be hosted in-house by EA, server providers may not be able to offer this game type at all.

Thanks,
Charlie

Later, EA actually made an announcement about an upcoming announcement regarding RSP's:

We are aware of the community's desire for more information regarding RSPs for Battlefield 1 and are working to roll out information as soon as possible.
I'm currently working with the game team and other CMs to finalize messaging so we can share more details.

Source: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/di ... ent_225911

Hoping NFO will be allowed to provide BF1 Servers... Wouldn't be the same without them.

As a business owner, I'm sure this decision is important to John and NFO's business as well.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

We'll hear about BF1 servers in the Battlefield 1 Community Forum (link below) soon.

I think it's vital to witness how the moderators are treating honest server operators by closing every single thread they post. Why are we posting ? Because nobody will tell us what's going on, and the game comes out in just over two weeks. I've never in my life seen anything like this. You can feel the hate...

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/ca ... -community
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

When the silence screams volumes, that should be telling enough for anyone willing to listen for what the end result will be.

If a RSP like NFO were going to host, they would already know so they could have the resources available for the initial demand. Think about it.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

TacTicToe wrote:If a RSP like NFO were going to host, they would already know so they could have the resources available for the initial demand. Think about it.
I know... Just hard to accept because so many communities and companies like NFO, their employees, will be negatively effected.
At any rate, they reopened the main "BF1 Servers" thread and have announced that we'll know something "this week".

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/di ... ttings/p61