EA Releases BF1 Server Info

PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

EA Releases BF1 Server Info

Post by PowersGaming »

Wish we had a BF1 channel here, but I guess putting this in BF4 will do..

After a lengthy wait, EA released the server information we've been waiting for.
Very disappointing. Battlefield Forums are ablaze. Here's the link, which wasn't even on the Forum as they initially promised:

https://www.battlefield.com/news/articl ... tlefield-1
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: EA Releases Server Info

Post by Edge100x »

They didn't tell us this in advance, or even hint at it privately, so we're finding out with you. But, the writing was pretty clearly on the wall.

It is unlikely that EA's single contractor will do a better job than we did here at running smooth servers and using the fastest hardware. Their bandwidth will not be as good as Internap's (or our premium blend), and you probably won't be able to ask for routing corrections if you see a personal routing problem. The DDoS mitigation won't be as effective. And it is unlikely that EA will offer a better customer support experience than we did.

Maybe they'll consider switching back with the next game if there's a call for it. I have no idea. They don't talk to us about their plans.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: EA Releases BF1 Server Info

Post by PowersGaming »

Thank you for sharing that.. I believe you're correct.

On a positive note, we'll go back to BF4 after this debacle; good for NFO. My guess is a lot of other clans/communities feel the same way.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The three benefits to EA hosting given in their post are:

1) Better hardware/performance
2) Uniform experience
3) Better support (EA support)

For #1 and #3, that is not true in comparison to us here. For #2, I am not familiar with providers in other regions or how much they differed from us, but we have always strived to offer the highest performance we can.

It sounds like EA had some problems with some other RSPs for BF4, and so all of us are being tossed out.

We weren't told of problems with other RSPs. But, they could have jettisoned just those RSPs from the program, and asked some of the better RSPs to offer servers in deficient regions to compensate.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Edge100x wrote:The three benefits to EA hosting given in their post are:

1) Better hardware/performance
2) Uniform experience
3) Better support (EA support)

For #1 and #3, that is not true in comparison to us here. For #2, I am not familiar with providers in other regions or how much they differed from us, but we have always strived to offer the highest performance we can.

It sounds like EA had some problems with some other RSPs for BF4, and so all of us are being tossed out.

We weren't told of problems with other RSPs. But, they could have jettisoned just those RSPs from the program, and asked some of the better RSPs to offer servers in deficient regions to compensate.
John, this stinks.... No way on earth they beat you folks on #1 and #3... #2 will happen we will all have a uniformly crappy experience, so I guess the expoerience will ht "uniform" --- uniformly bad!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

And there ya go, pretty much as predicted. Re-affirms my decision not to buy BF1 or any more games from EA. I am still glad I never bought BFH as well. Screw EA and their greed.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Correct.