server showing "B" for everyone's spray accept I see my own

lethaltalon
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

server showing "B" for everyone's spray accept I see my own

Post by lethaltalon »

OK so I am seeing the "B" site spray for everyones custom sprays and all they see for mine is the "B" on the lethal server for cs 1.6. But when I go to other servers I am able to see my spray and others can see mine and I see everyone elses as well. when going to Lethal server I see this error in console:

Requesting tempdecal.wad from server
-=Lethal=- Ghost DoG connected
Couldn't open file overviews/828_aztec.txt. Using default values for overiew mode.
Couldn't open file overviews/828_aztec.txt. Using default values for overiew mode.
Error: server failed to transmit file 'customization'

Does anyone know the fix to this? I have tried all this and none of it worked delete tempdecal.wad pldecal.wad & custom.hpk, cl_allowupload 1 and cl_minmodels 0 all that did not fix the issue I am guess maybe a server update but do not know....Is this a server issue or a steam issue? I have also have uninstalled and re-installed steam in whole and made a new spray and still the same issue..
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: server showing "B" for everyone's spray accept I see my

Post by Edge100x »

We had a customer who reported this same personal problem (it may have been you), and we were never able to determine what caused it, despite extensive troubleshooting. Valve told us that the game version would not be the culprit, but it wouldn't hurt to have us run a generic repair on your server to make sure it has the full set of uncorrupted files.
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

ok thanks. it was not me that posted that, i remember back after an update all this started for a lot of people so i'm pretty sure it's a steam issue even if they are saying something different, just wanted to see if somebody here knew of a fix.
TCB_WyattEarp
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TCB_WyattEarp »

Bump

I have noticed that sprays work on non-steam servers, is there any way to make them work with steam?

I also know that if you go to a non-steam server with a regular in your server it will upload your spray on that server and when you go back to your steam server the other person can still see your spray.

Kinda weird but it works
savemgs
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: server showing "B" for everyone's spray accept I see my own

Post by savemgs »

Anyone know how to fix this yet?
evil_master
A regular
A regular

Re: server showing "B" for everyone's spray accept I see my own

Post by evil_master »

I have not seen this bug talked about in a while, this is due to a ...feature.. 'introduced' during the steamcmd migration, the last engine build I know of that supported sprays was 5776, these 'nosteam' servers you see are able to use sprays either by being on a very old engine or a reverse engineered engine of which I don't think NFO will run either, there is more info available at the seemingly abandoned valve github, and the issue number is 1485