Counter-Strike: Classic Offensive mod support?

canti
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Counter-Strike: Classic Offensive mod support?

Post by canti »

Would I be able to rent a new CS:GO server and set it up to run this game mod without any issues?

From the mod creator:
1. you need a server that runs CS:GO and which is up to date.
2. you'll need to put the mod inside that server folder (same spot as the "csgo" folder)
3. run the server with "-game csco" instead of "-game csgo"
4. disable sv_pure
5. done.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Re: Counter-Strike: Classic Offensive mod support?

Post by hiimcody1 »

You would likely need to run this on an Unmanaged VDS. Anything that requires modifications to the startup line wouldn't be supported in the standard hosting system generally.
canti
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by canti »

hiimcody1 wrote:You would likely need to run this on an Unmanaged VDS. Anything that requires modifications to the startup line wouldn't be supported in the standard hosting system generally.
Would NFO consider adding CS:CO as a separate game server rental option like they have for CS Promod?
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

We can consider adding it if we see significant demand for the game.
slove
New to forums
New to forums

Post by slove »

It would be awesome to add support for it. I asked the question on a help request before.

Would be a huge benefit to our servers if we can get them up at the time of launch. There are not many out there and none are 5v5 competitive.
gc_
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gc_ »

slove wrote:It would be awesome to add support for it. I asked the question on a help request before.

Would be a huge benefit to our servers if we can get them up at the time of launch. There are not many out there and none are 5v5 competitive.
I second this. I ended up purchasing a 1 month rental just for this mod, and I'm kind of bummed out I can't get it to work due to not having access to starting line :(
jacobthepigeon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by jacobthepigeon »

Hello, JacobThePigeon here.

Recently a community I used to create and manage servers for has shown interest in the new and upcoming mod of Counter-Strike Classic Offensive.

I'll give you 3 good reasons why it would be a great idea to add support for this new mod.

1. It makes you guys unique.
A lot of other server hosting websites don't have any additional support for mods like you already do here. Adding CS:CO as a supported mod not only makes NFO servers stand out even more than they already do but it gives a wider range of options for those using your services like the community of Allied-Gaming.

2. CS:CO is particularly new, however because CS 1.6 was such an amazing game and loved by many, it's becoming more and more popular each day. However since 1.6 is not as popular as it was, and is becoming more and more inactive as the years go by, many of the 1.6 players are extremely fond of this mod. Which means the demand for it grows every day. Which thus leads to the Server Managers (your customers) to want this mod on their servers. Which means the issue lies with not having support for this mod.

Meaning, if there was support, I guarantee you many people using NFO and manage CS:GO servers will see this as an opportunity.

3. It doesn't hurt to at least try.
Honestly, in my opinion I don't see the harm in trying this out. Sure, it'll take a little bit of work to re-work the directory names and such, get the predefined server files going, but after that, I am 100% sure that good will come from it.

Adding this support gives all of us (the server managers) the opportunity to enjoy your services even more than we already do.

Trust me when I say that this is an opportunity that most if not all experienced Counter Strike players will be very happy, and very grateful for if this mod becomes supported by NFO.

Sincerely,
Jacob Fleming.