Tower Unite Hosting

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Tower Unite Hosting

Post by mennes »

Hello, just wondering if you guys are ever going to support Tower Unite? It is still in beta, but my community will for sure be needing multiple servers for this.
Feel free to contact me on discordd @ Mennes34
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Tower Unite Hosting

Post by Edge100x »

We're always interested in new games that can be run under a shared system. Do you know if it meets the requirements mentioned here?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9499
mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mennes »

Here is a link to the set up page http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =662378924

I am pretty certain it meets all of the requirements on the list, besides maybe the 0% usage. I will run my own test server and let you guys know.

This game uses the steamcmd and its appid is 439660

Thank you edge for responding
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

☑ Bindable IP

☑ Bindable PORT

☑ Standalone Server Software (via SteamCMD)

☑ Low to moderate RAM/CPU usage

☒ Runs independent of Steam or third party software

☑ Rcon support

☒ Full release (not alpha/beta/early access)

Only drawback I have seen so far is that you need to have Steam running for the steam api to initialize. You dont have to own the game to download the server anonymously. I would guess this is an oversite on the devs part and should be remedied in the future. Even though it is an early access release, so far it seems to run pretty smooth. Have yet to have a full server. Only had 3 online so far.

Worth a look.

mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mennes »

Thank you TacTicToe for the info!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Just applied for a refund for Tower Unite. For some reason they have dropped support for Windows servers.

Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If they drop Windows support, that will reduce our incentive to support it, as demand will be lower from customers. But, it is still something that we can look into.

Most customers choose to run Windows on their VDSes and dedicated servers, as you indicated, since it is the primary server platform for pretty much every game, and also the only supported platform for most games.

Supporting only Linux is an odd choice.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Yea I told him I thought it was a bad choice and creates a VERY niche market to a game that will already have a niche market. Server ran very well on our system till they stopped supporting it. Already got my refund from Steam, so it really doesn't matter to me at this point. Hopefully they change their minds down the road. :roll:
Prolifik
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Prolifik »

TacTicToe wrote:Yea I told him I thought it was a bad choice and creates a VERY niche market to a game that will already have a niche market. Server ran very well on our system till they stopped supporting it. Already got my refund from Steam, so it really doesn't matter to me at this point. Hopefully they change their minds down the road. :roll:
Looks like they are saying they aren't dropping Windows support.
http://forums.pixeltailgames.com/t/user ... t/18328/37
SLgaming.org
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

LOL

So I wonder if this actually DID have something to do with one guys "bad behavior"

Despite what he says now, the conversation between us is posted above. He can lie and spin it as he sees fit, don't care. They dropped Windows support. Period. I asked how do I run a Windows server. His response? "You don't".

So he lied and that's cool. They dropped support. I got a refund for the game. Its all good. I was all set to run a server and promote the game. The dev stopped supporting me, I stopped supporting him. Was just that simple.

Not really sure what he meant by having been banned before for similar behavior, but whatever.

John can/will decide if he wishes to support the game. I prefer not to. Dev is a bit wishy washy and obviously a liar. So personally I do not trust them. That's me.