Arma 3. Out of memory (requested 0 KB) HELP

Coldfront15
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Arma 3. Out of memory (requested 0 KB) HELP

Post by Coldfront15 »

So i've recently set up an arma 3 server but noticed I get the following error; Arma 3. Out of memory (requested 0 KB). footprint XXXXXXXXXX KB. pages XXXXX

Things I've tried
-Reinstalling OS
-Reinstalling Steam
-Reinstalling Arma 3 Server
-Reuploading Mods/File
-Increasing Page File Size
-Increasing Virtual memory

THANKS!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Arma 3. Out of memory (requested 0 KB) HELP

Post by Edge100x »

It sounds like this must be on an unmanaged VDS. How much memory do you have free? With Arma 3, I recommend a minimum of 2.5 GB free.
Coldfront15
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Coldfront15 »

I have 10 GB of ram ordered with it, I'm unsure how much is free but the only thing that runs is ArmA 3, MySQL, FileZilla, and steam.
And yes, it is unmanaged.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

What OS are you using (Windows/Linux)? Are you using a beta branch version, or a performance binary? What are your start-up parameters? How manyclients are connected when this happens?

Does this also happen when using vanilla ArmA3 without any mods?
Coldfront15
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Coldfront15 »

I'm using Windows, no I'm not sure if it's a performance binary or beta, my start up parameters (I use TADST 3.0.0) -mods=@CUP Terrains Core, @CUP Terrains Maps, @CUP Terrains CWA, @Lakeside, @CBA_A3, @TFAR, @ArmaLifeMod -enableHT

Or atleast what I can get from TADST, and this error happens when it's reading the mission a second time so no players can connect in the first place, and I noticed if I take out all my SQFs and written files and just leave my Mission.SQM it runs fine, but that takes a lot of my players playability away
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

First, a 3rd party launcher is not required for a server an can make troubleshooting a pain. I would recommend to rund the server without TADST and just start it with the appropiate parameters (though this is not really relevant for the error in this case here).

What do you mean by "starting the server a second time"? Restarting after a (complete) shutdown, or a running restart?

Though I would say that you found your culprit already by eliminating running scripts (the sqf codes). It is quite likely that one or more of those are not coded correctly and causing a memory crash, etc. . Try to go through the sqf files and eliminate them one at a time until you found the one(s) responsible for this and just do not use them - or ask the author the write a fix.
Coldfront15
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Coldfront15 »

The server doesn't start a second time, the mission is read a second time after it is gained from the directory, and my problem is the fact this mission has worked before on a previous box, and I'm completely stunned it doesn't work because I was using it only a month ago.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

"Mission read a 2nd time"? That is not normal...

Can you please post your server rpt logfile and also try to run/start the server without using TADST? Also, please try to use the -autoInit start-up parameter, to automatically start the mission.
Coldfront15
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Coldfront15 »

Okay I will once I can
Coldfront15
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Coldfront15 »

Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Coldfront15 wrote:Heres my RPT: https://mega.nz/#F!aUt2xArJ!nMVOLGJZK_GheobORCZmEQ

Its on mega.
Looks more or less like a normal running server, except for the additional server start line...

Did you already try to start the server without using TADST and using the -autoInit start-up parameter (I suspect the multiple start lies somewhere with TADST)? Also, as mentioned above, try to start the server with adding one sqf code at a time in order to find the scripts that causing problems.