First time user with issues

Valkyreion
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

First time user with issues

Post by Valkyreion »

Are there any videos or anything to help get your server up and running? I purchased a Conan Exiles server but neither myself or my friend can figure out how to access the server. The site we first tried crashed and we couldn't play. Their site was a little easier to understand and we was able to name our server and log in before the crash. I'm having issues trying to find out where to name our server so we can find it in game so that we may start playing.
Freyar
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: First time user with issues

Post by Freyar »

... SurvivalServers by chance?

Either way it is a bit rough since the documentation is absolutely abysmal (this isn't NFO's fault, this is most certainly an issue with dev/funcom).

What settings are you trying to set? I've got a region issue I'm trying to sort out (my server is listed as Europe when it's America in actuality).
Valkyreion
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Valkyreion »

and yes survival servers.

I just cancelled my server on this place. 2 damn hours and couldn't access the blasted thing. Survival servers atlease has their site set up so that it's easy to manage. I couldn't figure out how to even give my server a name on this place nor even how to even find my server in game so I may connect.

I won't be recommending NFOservers to any friends anytime soon. Was an awful experience.

Need to make it a little more user friendly. Not everyone has degrees in rocket science.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

The Easy Setup tab is not complete for Conan Exiles as support for the game is new, but it's being worked on. The game server name can be set from the Engine.ini file, either from the File manager tab of your game server control panel, or through FTP, and as always, we can be contacted from the Help! tab in your game server control panel, or with an email to support@nfoservers.com and we'd be happy to answer your questions.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It's sad to hear that you didn't contact us during that two hours. We respond to support requests within minutes -- seriously. You may not be expecting that level of service, but service is one of the things that makes us stand out.

The game is easy to configure without an Easy setup page, since it has just a couple of files that you can edit.

Let us know (directly) if you'd like to try another trial.
Freyar
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Freyar »

Valkyreion wrote:and yes survival servers.

I just cancelled my server on this place. 2 damn hours and couldn't access the blasted thing. Survival servers atlease has their site set up so that it's easy to manage. I couldn't figure out how to even give my server a name on this place nor even how to even find my server in game so I may connect.

I won't be recommending NFOservers to any friends anytime soon. Was an awful experience.

Need to make it a little more user friendly. Not everyone has degrees in rocket science.
That's disappointing. Was waiting for your response last night so I could push you to where you needed to be, but ended up having to head to bed since it was so late. Here's to hoping you come back. They got to my help ticket within a literal (in the actual definition of the word) two minutes.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Valkyreion wrote:Need to make it a little more user friendly. Not everyone has degrees in rocket science.
Not everyone is meant to be hosting game servers either. :roll: Just sayin... :wink:
Freyar wrote:I've got a region issue I'm trying to sort out (my server is listed as Europe when it's America in actuality).
Log in to your admin panel. From the admin panel you can set the region for your server.
Freyar
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Freyar »

Log in to your admin panel. From the admin panel you can set the region for your server.
Setting wasn't sticking for some reason, but I think it's sorted now.