few problems but great support

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Alexlyn1
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

few problems but great support

Post by Alexlyn1 »

So i bought a vds, first it was with 2012 windows r2 and i was told it wasnt stable (i had to reinstall and get 2008 windows r2) instead, so far that worked great, until i had 2 crashes today, i got told to look in logs i did and found this
https://gyazo.com/a852dcd6a01531fb9dd105578ed39630
they told me since its an unmanaged server its up to me to fix these problems, i have no idea how to do that, tried searching my way through the internet didnt really manage to find anything, i think that even though its an unmanaged vps it should atleast contain the correct drivers when its being purchased cause so far ive had quite a bit of trouble actually getting it running, i have still not been able to fix the problem yet.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: few problems but great support

Post by TacTicToe »

If you double click those you should get a detailed list of the error that you could probably Google an answer for.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: few problems but great support

Post by Edge100x »

Windows 2012 R2 is stable. If an employee told you that it is not stable, that is something that I will need to talk to the employee about. The only problem I have seen with Windows 2012 R2 is an incompatibility with Xen during the boot process that sometimes lead to the need for multiple restarts.

We can't tell much from this screen shot and would need to see the detailed error information, but it's quite possible that you are seeing generic events related to your home network disconnecting you from RDP or someone on the internet unsuccessfully trying to log in. It's unlikely that these are related to any apparent crashes that you might have seen.

Windows 2008 R2 is solid on our hosting here, and we know that partially because we extensively ourselves for managed services. The only reasons that I have seen recently for crashes are OOM (Out Of Memory) errors due to customer workloads, and the OS stopping at the end of the Windows update process.

(You accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. I've moved it to this one; this is where we and other customers do our best to help with software support.)