ipv6

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
squirrelof09
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ipv6

Post by squirrelof09 »

Is NFO going to grant IPV6 addresses for their VDS and or Dedi's in the near future?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: ipv6

Post by Edge100x »

This is something that we're working on, but there are a lot of moving pieces to it (and very little demand, mostly because game servers still don't use IPv6). With so many high-priority items demanding my attention, the progression has been slow.
Cronus
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Cronus »

I'm interested in ipv6, as it was the only factor that stopped me from moving my VM's from other hosts to here. Normal non gaming ones.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I appreciate the continued feedback.

Some additional progress has been made, but we're not quite there yet.
squirrelof09
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by squirrelof09 »

Any update?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We're still slowly working towards it. Our routers support it and the machines hosting our VDSes have all been updated to support it, but there are many tasks left to accomplish, including provisioning system development, upstream adjustments/support, control panel updates (for VDSes, machines, and webhosting DNS), management software updates on VDS machines, updates to webhosting machines, and DDoS mitigation system adjustments.

The current project in my focus is Let's Encrypt. It's a smaller one. After I finish with it, I will be proceeding with some of the next steps for IPv6. I will likely work to enable it for our shared webhosting in Seattle before expanding to other services, there and elsewhere, but I don't have the exact stages planned yet.

IPv6 support is (unfortunately) a significant project that will take dozens or hundreds of hours more work. Also (perhaps unfortunately, perhaps fortunately), it is not a high-demand item. But, it's something I very much want to finish, and preferably sooner rather than later.
Johanedas
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Johanedas »

Are we talking 2017 here, or it's not so sure that It will be available this year?

Thanks
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Completely not sure.
squirrelof09
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by squirrelof09 »

Thanks for the update. Look forward to using it myself!

Perhaps, there is a demand for it and no one else is speaking up.
squirrelof09
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by squirrelof09 »

Just dropping a line to see if this is on the to do/to finish list?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It is still on the list of items to work on. It has surprisingly low demand -- IPv6 is taking a long time to catch on with the applications that matter most to our customers.
Genesis2001
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Genesis2001 »

Bumping this because I just hit a use case as I am migrating a VPS from another provider to here. Minor for me, but still much appreciated if it's on the roadmap. :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Much closer to being completed -- IPv6 is actually almost ready for VDSes. Some other immediate-term projects are currently on my plate, but after that, I will go back to it.
sniperfodder
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sniperfodder »

Hey, good news on that. I'm also interested in IPv6, but more of a "I want to try implementing it" for my services type of thing then an actual need for it.
[ILSN]SniperFodder
lithium720
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by lithium720 »

I vaguely remember asking about IPv6 about 2 years ago here, glad there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Any timeline or additional updates for us on the topic?