Arma 3 Server Mission issue

Ryan grady
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Arma 3 Server Mission issue

Post by Ryan grady »

This is my issue, I am the owner of a mil sim unit but I have an odd issue with my mission file when it is not modded it can be launched no issue when I load a modded mission in the voting system after the timer for the voting goes down it sends me back to picking a mission to vote on I don't understand why I can't load any modded mission to clarify I have uploaded the mods to the server and the mod parameters are correct.
Ryan grady
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Arma 3 Server Mission issue

Post by Ryan grady »

Rpt File
Attachments
exec_gwnn_2017-07-23_16-31-41.txt
Rpt from the server
(49.59 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

According to your RPT file, you are trying to load mods through the a number (I guess the Steam Workshop ID?). In the summary they are showing as "Not Found" (which is no surprise). You will have to use the actual path to the uploaded mods.

Best practise, upload the mods to your ArmA3 root folder and load them with the -mod= parameter, for example:

Code: Select all

-mod=@CBA_A3;
You will also have to copy the key for each mod into the server's keys folder, or clients won't be able to connect.

With the large number of mods that I assume you are trying to load, I would also recommend a parameter file:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Sta ... onfig_File

Unless you really know what you are doing and require it, I would not recommend to use the -filePatching parameter, unless you do activelly develop the mission (usually not requried):_
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CMA ... pmentSetup
Ryan grady
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ryan grady »

This my command line for the server mods.
It gives me this error"The mod parameter can only include letters, numbers, underscores, semicolons, and @'s" can someone look and see if there is an issue

Code: Select all

@5th_Marine_Insignias_mod;@ace;@ACE_3_Extension_Animations_and_Actions;@ACE_3_Extension_Placeables;@ACE_Compat_RHS_Armed_Forces_of_the_Russian_Federation;@ACE_Compat_RHS_GREF;@ACE_Compat_RHS_United_States_Armed_Forces;@ACEX;@Advanced_Rappelling;@Advanced_Sling_Loading;@Advanced_Towing;@Advanced_Urban_Rappelling;@Burnes_Armories_Landing_Craft_Air_Cushion_LCAC;@Burnes_Armories_MK10_Landing_Craft_Utitlity_LCU;@BWI_AT_6B_T_6A_C_Pack;@CBA_A3;@CH_View_Distance;@CUP_ACE3_Compatibility_Addon_Vehicles;@CUP_ACE3_Compatibility_Addon_Weapons;@CUP_Compositions;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Weapons;@DP_Build_Everything_Arma_Core;@DP_Build_Everything_Arma_Expansions;@Enhanced_Movement;@Enhanced_Soundscape;@EricJ_Weapons_Pack;@Extended_Base_Mod;@F_14_Tomcat;@F_15_Eagle;@F_16_Fighting_Falcon;@FA_18_Super_Hornet;@FHQ_Accessories;@FIR_AWS_AirWeaponSystem;@KA_Specially_Equipped_Pack;@KA_Virtual_Arsenal_Anywhere;@KA_Weapons_Pack_ACE3_RHS_Compatibility; 
@KA_Weapons_Pack_NEW_RC;@KA_Weapons_Pack_RHS_Compatibility;@KA_Weapons_Pack_NEW;@Military_Gear_Pack;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle;@NATO_Rus_Weapons;@NATO_Rus_Weapons_CBA;@NIArms_ACR_E_Rifles;@NIArms_AK_Rifles;@NIArms_AR15_Rifles;@NIArms_AUG_Rifles;@NIArms_AWM_Rifles;@NIArms_Core;@NIArms_FAL_Rifles;@NIArms_G3_Rifles;@NIArms_G36_Rifles;@NIArms_M14_Rifles;@NIArms_M60_GPMGs;@NIArms_M1903_Springfield_Rifles;@NIArms_MG3_GPMGs;@NIArms_Minimi_LMGs;@NIArms_MP5_SMGs;@NIArms_SG510_Rifles;@RHSAFRF;@RHSGREF;@RHSSAF;@RHSUSAF;@RHSxACE3_fragmentation_fix;@Sabres_Civil_Aviation;@Sabres_Military_Aviation;@Sabs_Aircraft_Lib;@task_force_radio;@TRYK_TRYKs_Multi_play_Uniforms;@USS_Nimitz;
Ryan grady
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ryan grady »

Ok, I got the mod parameter's sorted but I still have the issue of when it tries to start the mission it doesn't work. It still will not let me run the mission on the server.
Attachments
exec_gwnn_2017-07-24_02-53-02.txt
Rpt after fixing some stuff.
(54.57 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

The reason are still missing mod dependencies, which are logged in your RPT starting with line 594:
2:54:33 Missing addons detected:
2:54:33 extendedbase
2:54:33 DP_Build_Everything_Arma
2:54:33 CUP_Creatures_Military_USArmy
2:54:33 CUP_TrackedVehicles_M113
2:54:33 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.extendedbase, DP_Build_Everything_Arma, CUP_Creatures_Military_USArmy, CUP_TrackedVehicles_M113
Either you had those mods loaded in the editor while packing the mission to pbo, or some of your other mods have a dependency toward those mods. You can either delete them in your mission.sqm file if you them accidentially loaded, or if another mod required them, you will have to load them also.

Also, your description.ext file is throwing out an error about a missing header, which is usually not criticial, but check editor setting, if you binarize your mission file, or if you are using a mixed setting for your description.ext file.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Also, how/where did you upload the mods to? They are not registering with a valid hash/short hash value, or path info.
Ryan grady
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ryan grady »

I have moved the mods to the directory of my server before they were in a mod folder I made in the server directory.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

You can use a mod folder (or any folder on the computer), but have to adapt the -mod= parameter accordingly (in your case this would have been -mod=mod\@CBA_A3 for example). It is justa good practice to use the server root folder for placing mods, or in case of a large number of mods a central folder that can be easily updated.

Please try to load only one mod, for example CBA_A3, and get this to register and load correctly, which will be loggeg into your server RPT file. CBA_A3 will also log several init steps in the RPT, which we can use the verify that the mod is loaded successfuly and none of the other mods are causing a conflict or are corrupted. After that you can add all the other mods.

Also make sure that the mod structure is correct. You should have a addons folder within the @CBA_A3 folder (that is very important) and several other folders/files.
@CBA_A3
-addons
-- pbo and bisign files
-keys
-- the keys for the mod, have to be copied to the server's keys folder
-optionals

The other mods should have a similar structure (the addon folder being the important part).
Ryan grady
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ryan grady »

How do I upload a steam mission file to the server?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Ryan grady wrote:How do I upload a steam mission file to the server?
You upload the mission pbo file to your server's MPMissions folder and load it through the class Missions {}; array entry in your server config. You can also use missions in an extracted form from a pbo, but that is a really bad idea, especially for larger mission files.