Seriously, best, hosting, service, EVER.

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
SubtleSara
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Seriously, best, hosting, service, EVER.

Post by SubtleSara »

10000000000% recommend NFO. Hands down, best hosting service under the sun.

A year ago, I was a noob at running a server, so, much like everyone else I went to some sh*t hosts like gameservers.com and survivalservers.com. They couldn't provide the performance I needed. Then, by chance, we landed at NFO.

I was completely astonished at NFO's unsurpassed level of customer service, literally the best possible. You get a reply in under 2 minutes. Feel free to ask anything, they'll either have an immediate answer, or can point you to an answer.

I really liked the instant server updates, they hit as soon as they are available! BUT... if you're running Rust modded, just make sure you get the Oxide plugin SaveMyMap, and set it to 5 minute saves, you'll need it due to rollbacks caused by the update trigger. Not a problem after that!

I even got DDOS'd a few times, and no one ever knew it except me and my admin. No service interruptions, whatsoever.

We had to leave because server money ran out. I am seriously going to miss NFO, a little expensive, but COMPLETELY worth it, for the services you receive. I will rejoin them in a heartbeat as soon as we can afford it again.

You guys are the friggin' best. Keep doin' what ya doin'.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Seriously, best, hosting, service, EVER.

Post by Edge100x »

Thanks for the kind words!

In July of this year, we added a workaround for the design problem with Rust and some other games that causes them to not save the world when the server is stopped -- we send an rcon command right beforehand to save it. Because of this, no extra plugin is needed now. This rcon-at-shutdown facility was also extended to allow customers to specify their own commands.
SubtleSara
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Seriously, best, hosting, service, EVER.

Post by SubtleSara »

OH! Didn't know that, would have been nice to know! Cool though!