News for the main page
Pedro-NF
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Summer discounts and news

Post by Pedro-NF »

Edge100x wrote: Virtual servers:
  • VDSes already offered an outstanding value, but as with dedicated servers, we have dropped prices for most plans even further.
  • We have adjusted our Windows fee to better match how we are charged by Microsoft. The fee is now calculated based on the number of ordered cores, instead of being flat. This means that smaller servers do not have to pay as much for the Windows installation, but larger servers have to pay more. We still heavily subsidize the fee to make it as affordable as possible.
Fantastic news! We had been "stuck" with our 2-core VDS (+ 1 extra GB of RAM) since you started adding the Windows license fee, because we couldn't change anything without our package price increasing significantly. Scaling the fee according to the size of VDS and the new lower prices allowed us to upgrade to a 3-core VDS right now, and we'll probably upgrade again to a 4-core VDS soon.

I was checking here and we've been with NFO since December 2011 - over 5 and a half years! That is the longest I've ever stayed with the same server hosting company since I started managing game servers some 12 years ago.
Pedro-NF
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Pedro-NF »

By the way, last year I finally decided to move all my web hosting to NFO too and service quality has been equally great. If anyone reading this is considering getting a VDS or is looking for a web host, seriously, just sign up with NFO - I guarantee you won't regret it.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm glad to hear that, Pedro-NF! Thank you for your support.
burningsmile
New to forums
New to forums

Post by burningsmile »

Quick question, are there plans to introduce ssd's as the default storage option in the future? [As in instead of paying to add an ssd, it comes default and you just pay for additional spinning drive space]? While I'm aware they don't affect performance for tasks that don't involve high disk read/write and I/O, they help to just make the server feel faster when managing it. [doing updates, backups, restarting individual game servers running on the box etc.] This is pretty much my only complaint with nfo over other services which just don't seem to be as reliable with cpu performance and network routing.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We have only been buying all-SSD machines for the past couple of years.

Most other machines that are in use on our network are SSD-cached.
dedimark
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dedimark »

Waiting E3-1275v6 in chikago :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'll make a note of a person wanting them there -- that's good to know.

The v6s have not been popular in NYC, and the v5s have not been very popular in Chicago. Most customers seem to want the older machines.
Deven
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Deven »

dedimark wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:46 am Waiting E3-1275v6 in chikago :)
+1
Edge100x wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:19 am I'll make a note of a person wanting them there -- that's good to know.

The v6s have not been popular in NYC, and the v5s have not been very popular in Chicago. Most customers seem to want the older machines.
I will upgrade both of my dedi's the day you introduce the e3-1275v6 to Chicago :D
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

:)