7dtd IP binding

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Werkrat
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

7dtd IP binding

Post by Werkrat »

We just switched from managed to unmanaged, everything has gone fine, except trying to use a 5th ip for 7 days to die...

No matter what I do, the server keeps reverting to the main IP. Was there something special you guys had to do to be able to use the specific ip? Rust works fine, but they allow IP binding in the batch startup line, 7dtd doesn't seem to support that and it wasn't in the startup line before. Editing the IP in the config doesn't change anything, either.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: 7dtd IP binding

Post by TacTicToe »

I think the only thing you can do is allow it to bind to the main IP and change the port in the config. If I recall, only thing you can change is the IP in the serverconfig.xml file. Been a while since I set up a 7D2D server. :?
Werkrat
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Werkrat »

There has to be some kind of way, it worked fine when we were still using managed
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

<property name="ServerIP" value="external ip here"/> <!-- IP address for server to bind to. -->

This used to be the command. Not sure if it still works, but you can give it a shot. Put it in your serverconfig.xml file.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

After doing some searching on the 7D2D forums it seems the latest version of the game has a bug in the 64bit version that keeps the IP from binding. It will bind in the 32bit but not the 64bit.
Werkrat
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Werkrat »

Interesting, I haven't seen any mention of that. I'll keep looking for other ways. Thanks for your input :wink: