custom maps

whitesquirrel
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

custom maps

Post by whitesquirrel »

Got the server up and running w/admin, and some other mods like perk-mod etc. for the life of me i cannot get custom maps to show under add-campagins. using filezilla and pathed to addons folder. restarting server when done. nada. any help would be appreciated.
STATEOFMISERY
New to forums
New to forums

Re: custom maps

Post by STATEOFMISERY »

HERE WE ARE A YEAR ARE MORE LATER. I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. WITH SIMILAR RESULTSL.
WHAT I DID WAS UPLOAD, THRU FILE ZILLA, ONE AT A TIME. THEN I WOULD GO TO:
SERVER CONTROL; STOP / START SERVER
THEN , CLICK ON "SHOW RCON TOOL". A MENU PAGE OPENS THAT IS EMPTY. AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE YOU'LL SEE A SLOT FOR YOUR COMMAND; PUT IN THIS; ( maps * ); SEND COMMAND;
THAT PREVIOUS MENU EMPTY PANEL WILL FILL UP WITH STUFF BACK FROM THE NFO SERVER. NOW THIS WILL TELL YOU A LOT ( IF YOU UNDERSTAND THAT SORT OF THING, ( I DON'T )); BUT YOUR FIRST MAP WILL SHOW UP LIKE THIS:
PENDING: (fs) l4d_city17_01.bsp
PENDING: (fs) l4d_city17_02.bsp
PENDING: (fs) l4d_city17_03.bsp
PENDING: (fs) l4d_city17_04.bsp
PENDING: (fs) l4d_city17_05.bsp

AS YOU'LL NOTICE, THERE ISN'T A SPECIFIC TITLE FOR CITY17
SO AS FAR AS I'VE GOTTEN. THIS IS ABOUT AS FAR AS THE TECHS ARE WILLING TO HELP ME.
I HAD TO PUT THIS INTO THE STARTING MAP SLOT IN THE MAP CYCLE: l4d_city17_01
TO GET ME SERVER TO START UP ON THAT MAP. HOWEVER, I CANNOT CHANGE TO ANY OTHER CUSTOM MAP AND THE TECHS ARE UNWILLING TO HELP ME FURTHER. MY CREW ARE GETTING UPSET WITH ME, THEY WERE AT FIRST QUITE EXCITED ABOUT PLAYING ON A GAME SERVER. NOW, THEY SAY THINGS. SO, THAT'S WHERE I'M AT NOW.
IT HAS BEEN POINTED OUT THAT I SHOULD SET UP A STEAM GROUP, SERVER, WHITELIST, PASSWORD, IF I ONLY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

I think your caps lock key is stuck.
STATEOFMISERY
New to forums
New to forums

Post by STATEOFMISERY »

NOPE, NOT STUCK IT'S ON PERMANENTLY; AS I'VE SAID BEFORE I HAVE VISION PROBLEMS
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I would advise against your policy of using only capital letters. When others see text in all-caps, it feels like they're being yelled at, and it also just makes the text harder to read and understand. The extra difficulty means that fewer people will read your posts and wish to help you.

If you have difficulty seeing, you might consider using the screen magnifier tool, increasing the overall zoom level in your browser, or using a larger font.

It appears that you responded to a very old post that was not related to your problem. You also have a couple of other threads about your problem already open. I will lock this.