Thinking of renting

z4driver
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Thinking of renting

Post by z4driver »

Hi all

I'm thinking of renting an Arma 3 server on behalf of my milsim group. We're only small so are looking at about 30 slots.

How easy is it to set up? Is it straight forward uploading, loading and using mods? Is it possible to enable more than one person (but not everyone) to run the server, upload etc?

I see that you get a free web-hosting with the server. Is it possible to run forum software on it? Currently we are using enjin.com for our forum and also as our TeamSpeak provider. Is the NF TS server compatible with Task Force Radio?

Sorry for all the questions. Any other advice would be welcome

Cheers Lee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Thinking of renting

Post by Edge100x »

I was hoping a customer would answer here!

Uploading, loading, and using mods should be easy, since we offer full FTP access and activating the mod can be done by entering its name into a field in the control panel.

You can provide the FTP password to whoever you'd like, and our control panel allows you to decide which individual users can have access to each page, including the control page (used to start/stop/restart/set mods) and File manager (with the FTP password).

You can certainly run forum software on the free webhosting. This very forum is run on one of those accounts!

I don't have experience with Task Force Radio, but if it is a software that uses the remote console features of TS3, it should work.
z4driver
New to forums
New to forums

Post by z4driver »

Thanks for the answers. All seems to be OK. Hopefully someone who has experience of running Task Force Radio on one of your TS servers will come back.

Cheers Lee
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

You can use Task Force Radio, though you might have to disable the Teamspeak spam flood setting for the particular channel(s) that you want to use with Task Force Radio.
z4driver
New to forums
New to forums

Post by z4driver »

Thanks for that. It's what I wanted to here as it means we can have everything in one place :)