Insurgency Sandstorm

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Barron
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Insurgency Sandstorm

Post by Barron »

Hi,

Just have a quick inquiry regarding Insurgency Sandstorm. The game is currently in second beta phase and they have promised on launch(18th of Sept)servers to rent.

Any idea if you guys have been contacted or informed about it yet?

We currently run one of the largest Insurgency community's and we are on NFO also. We are hoping to host a few more servers for Sandstorm through NFO if possible.

Any response would be highly appreciated!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Insurgency Sandstorm

Post by Edge100x »

We haven't been contacted by them.

I hope they mean that this is when the dedicated server package will be available to download for everyone, and not that they've partnered with a single company (that had a salesman connect with them). Those sort of exclusive arrangements usually don't work out very well for players and admins, as the companies that we've seen aggressively pursue developers and getting exclusive partnerships usually aren't usually of the highest quality -- low performance and a lack of competition are the result.

Please don't hesitate to ask them directly what is going on! You might also mention to them that we offer free machines to game developers to use with new releases: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=14847
Mamba
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mamba »

Servers are out now, I'm working on setting up my own at home.
We'll def be interested in a NFO Insurgency:Sandstorm server when that becomes available.

See the Community Servers section here:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/581320 ... 4505316476

Tx, M
Prevent
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Prevent »

+1, also interested in a Sandstorm server :idea:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We've added this to our system and we are currently testing it. Currently it seems to be in a relatively unstable state and uses unpredictable amount of CPU, which we hope they'll resolve -- it's still a beta, after all.
Mamba
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mamba »

Thanks for the fast action. Yah, it's beta so may take awhile to work out the bugs for sure.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

HI John and NFO, would it still be possible to allow those who have VDS or full machine to test it out ourselves?

Thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We are continuing to test and look into that, in terms of managed configurations. Customers with unmanaged configurations can also do this.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I have tentatively added it to the order page so that people can start testing it now: https://www.nfoservers.com/order.php?type=sandstorm

Over the last 24 hours, we have seen a couple of obvious problems with the game server

- Random spikes up to 200%+ CPU usage that forced our system to kill the game server. These happened even when it was empty and unused. After a restart, it returned to normal usage of near-0%, so this doesn't appear to have been to an attack.
- The -hostname specification on the command line seems to be ignored. We put it on the "Easy setup" page anyway.

They released some updates on Friday, but these don't seem to have helped with these issues.

Give it a spin, and let us know what you find!
island55
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by island55 »

only for windows huh :(
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We generally start with Windows support for any game that has it. If the game proves popular and testing shows no major bugs, we can likely expand to supporting Linux for managed VDS/dedicated server customers.
mainedan
A regular
A regular

Post by mainedan »

Did the server eventually even out? If so what kind of virtual machine would be needed to run it, 2,3 4 cores or more, windows or linux?

Thanks
Mamba
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mamba »

Our Sandstorm server has been working great here, especially after the last beta patch.
We just rent slots, not VDS.
Thanks again to John and the entire NFO crew for all that they do!
Merry Christmas!

M
Fatty
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Fatty »

Is there a default Rcon port I should be using? I'm trying to use a 3rd party software to Rcon, but it just doesn't connect to the server. Port forwarding should be fine form my side.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

Fatty wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:18 pm Is there a default Rcon port I should be using? I'm trying to use a 3rd party software to Rcon, but it just doesn't connect to the server. Port forwarding should be fine form my side.
Yep! The default RCON port (and the port we use) is 27015. You'll just want to make sure you have a password set on the Easy Setup tab of your game server control panel.