Mordhau

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Mordhau

Post by theRadAleks »

Any chance NFO will be hosting servers for rent on Mordhau?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Mordhau

Post by Edge100x »

I looked into that game in 2017, but it doesn't appear that I completed adding it. I'm not sure what stopped me; it's possible that there was an incompatibility involved, but it looks like a pretty standard UE4 setup. I will have to research this further.
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

I hope you come around to adding it because the only provider at the moment for that game is horrible, every single community server i connect to once it goes over 40 players everyone's pings spike and FPS drops considerably. I'd love to get one with you guys.
Moosease
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Moosease »

I would absolutely purchase a Mordhau game server on the first day it was offered from NFOservers.

Mordhau population is booming right now and I have quite a few folks I play with, we are looking into rental server options now. I am hesitant to order from anyone else, my past experience with you guys has been perfect.

Would love to hear that you guys plan to support Mordhau as one of your game servers and I will patiently wait for that day!
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

Yeah its already starting to average around 40,000 players daily, It'd be a smart move to get into it while its still in its infancy.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I have added initial support for Mordhau to the order page now. I will need to monitor the first servers that are put online closely to see how their CPU and memory usage stacks up, in order to determine whether the pricing is right and whether the maximum slots should be restricted further (or creations limited to only certain hardware).

The initial CPU usage of the game, when idle, is relatively high, at around 25% of a single core. The initial memory usage is very low, at less than 200 MB.
Moosease
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Moosease »

Awesome news, thank you.
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

Yeah the game uses ALOT of CPU. I run a 28 slot server on a 2 core VDS at 120 tickrate and when its full it averages around 55-60% CPU usage.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I appreciate the number there. That sounds somewhat high, indeed. I'm interested to see the numbers for a full machine running 40+ slots.
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

I tested out the front-line gamemode today with 64 slots running at a tickrate of 60, when the server was full it was averaging around just over 50% CPU usage on the same 2-core VDS Intel Xeon(R) Gold 6154 CPU. I'm gonna try and lower the tickrate to 30 (tickrate the official Mordhau servers use) and see how that performs.
Attachments
Resource Monitor (64 players, 60 tickrate)
Resource Monitor (64 players, 60 tickrate)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That certainly doesn't sound bad for a full server.

That's a pretty darn fast CPU, as well. Only one faster type used for VDSes here (the 6254).
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

Did you add an option to adjust tickrate?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I have not researched that setting for this game and we don't expose an extra option on the Easy setup page in our control panel for tickrate. We allow customers to change the server's configuration files to their liking and don't explicitly disallow FPS/tickrate adjustment.
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

How much better are dedicated servers compared to virtual ones. I'm running two 48 slot frontline servers at 30 tickrate with CPU usage just about 50% and everyones pings are over 100 all the time when the servers are full. I dropped it down to 48 from 64 hoping it would fix the problem but it continues to persist. Anyone else have any better luck getting better results on Mordhau?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Intel has focused on per-core performance much more with its 1P offerings than its 2P offerings, so dedicated servers tend to be much faster for single-threaded tasks. The raw performance difference can be as high as perhaps 50%. There will also be some virtualization overhead with a VDS, which will vary depending on the application. It's hard to predict how much better these two games would work for you on a full machine than a VDS, but it is generally a worthwhile upgrade.