Competition

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
acaco
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Competition

Post by acaco »

I keep seeing communities switch from NFO to other companies with their garry’s mod netcode exploit but thats understandable. Whats NFO doing to stay competitive?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Competition

Post by Edge100x »

We haven't been seeing an uptick in customers switching to other companies. I've noticed some customers coming in from other companies, though. I'm also not aware of a new exploit in Garry's Mod. Can you elaborate on what exploit you're referring to?

We have an array of strong points that have always kept us at the top of the heap -- first and foremost, performance, but on top of that, a higher level of knowledge about the games we host, better customer service, better reliability, better (D)DoS mitigation, and so on.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Ah, by exploit, did you mean the faked query responses that one company is using? We talk more about that here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15397. It's an interesting gamble to deceive players like this, certainly. Clients should hate it, and Valve should arguably ban the practice. We haven't seen many customers leave over it yet, and that could be because the performance is worse.
acaco
New to forums
New to forums

Post by acaco »

i checked gametracker for garrys mod the other day and almost all the US servers are with that other host and back in the day every server in the US was with NFO. Like superior-servers i remember them being with NFO a couple years ago
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We definitely had the top few pages of servers a few years ago. Kind of crazy, eh? I wonder when Valve will crack down, since the fake query responses are such a negative thing for players, and it would be so easy to stop it.
acaco
New to forums
New to forums

Post by acaco »

Yeah i agree. In the server browser i get 5 ping to those servers but once i'm in game i have like 70. I really hope Valve cracks down on it because its not fair to players and especially not fair to you guys either. I love this company and community i hope i see you guys on top again soon for Garry’s Mod.