brand new to dedicated hosting, requesting help on running multiple instances

-bZ-CapStar362
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

brand new to dedicated hosting, requesting help on running multiple instances

Post by -bZ-CapStar362 »

hello,

Brand new client here at hosting, id like to run a few instances of ArmA eXile Mod with a couple maps simultaneously.

Is this possible, if yes, how? if no, i can still run one here and the others on a private server.

Thanks !
I am ME, i can only be ME. There are those who do not like this, but i refuse to be anyone but ME!
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: brand new to dedicated hosting, requesting help on running multiple instances

Post by TimeX »

That sounds just like running more than one server. Is there a specific type of service you were considering?

For standard server rentals, this just means ordering more than one server. If you are running the servers on a VDS or full machine instead, you could still run multiple servers, but they would all need to be running either on different IPs or different ports.
TimeX
-bZ-CapStar362
New to forums
New to forums

Re: brand new to dedicated hosting, requesting help on running multiple instances

Post by -bZ-CapStar362 »

okay so, i am a secondary user, how do i tell if i have a VDS or full machine?

for ArmA, yes, all you have to do is change the port, but, i have little to no idea how to configure them.

To answer your "Service" question, id like to run say, 3 or 4 instances of ArmA, all on the eXile Mod just different maps.
I am ME, i can only be ME. There are those who do not like this, but i refuse to be anyone but ME!
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

For running multiple instances, you will need a VDS or full machine. In your control panel, your server should be listed on the left under either "Games", "Virtuals", or "Machines" to let you know which type of service that you have. If it is a game server, then it is only the one instance, but the primary user may be running it on a VDS or full machine. The primary user should be able to tell you this information, or we can look for you if you send in a help request.

How you go about configuring the servers is a fairly broad topic, but it is very different depending on if it is managed or unmanaged, due to different interfaces.
TimeX
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

For ArmA3 running the Exile mod, you will need the following:
  • ArmA 3 server running the 32bit executable (unless someone ported/customized a extDB version for the 64bit executable)
  • Exile server
  • Exile client
  • Exile mission files
  • a MySQL/MariaDB database server
As Exile is not developed anymore, you can get the files from the Steam workshop.
-bZ-CapStar362
New to forums
New to forums

Post by -bZ-CapStar362 »

TimeX wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:41 pm For running multiple instances, you will need a VDS or full machine. In your control panel, your server should be listed on the left under either "Games", "Virtuals", or "Machines" to let you know which type of service that you have.
Right under my name it says "games" under description it says

Identifier Type
BZ game
-bZ-CapStar362
New to forums
New to forums

Post by -bZ-CapStar362 »

Caliban55 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:52 pm For ArmA3 running the Exile mod, you will need the following:
  • ArmA 3 server running the 32bit executable (unless someone ported/customized a extDB version for the 64bit executable)
  • Exile server
  • Exile client
  • Exile mission files
  • a MySQL/MariaDB database server
As Exile is not developed anymore, you can get the files from the Steam workshop.
yes im aware of this, im gathering those now... i just need to know if i can run multiple servers simultaneously or not.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Looking at it, you just have a single game server, which will only run one instance. You will either need more of those, or a VDS/machine to run multiple instances. If you plan on running your own SQL server, then an unmanaged VDS or unmanaged machine is what you will need.
TimeX