Can't figure out how to set up RCon for A3 Domination server

toxicreign020
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Can't figure out how to set up RCon for A3 Domination server

Post by toxicreign020 »

I run a server on a VDS through here using the TADST tool naturally

so i decided since i needed more admins to set up an RCon tool. I followed all the instructions.

In the proper TADST profile folder, i found the battle eye folder and tossed in BEServer_x64.cfg

within that config file i put

RConPassword <mypasswordgoeshere>
RConPort 2301

I saved the changes and then launched my server with TADST

I absolutely cannot for the life of me get RCon to connect. every time i try to connect i use

The box's IP address, the port described within the cfg file, the password from the cfg file and it always "failed to connect to server"

So far I've tried:
changing the port to all different kinds of ports
turning off the firewall entirely
copying the file into multiple different battleeye directories, even the one in just the steamapps/common/arma 3/battleeye directory
switching from the x64 executable to the regular executable and then changing the file to just BEServer.cfg
running tadst as admin

the only thing i havent tried is rebooting the entire box itself which i doubt i need to do.

could use help on this asap q.q
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Can't figure out how to set up RCon for A3 Domination server

Post by Caliban55 »

Which RCon tool are you using and is it fully compatible with the current ArmA 3 build? Is Battleye loaded successfully (the .cfg file name changes to .._active when BE is running)? BE also needs the libraries in the BE folder, BEClient_x64.dll and BEServer_x64.dll.

RCon port 2301 is also not a good idea, depending on your ArmA3 port settings, as this is usually a reserved port by the ArmA 3 engine, maybe try a port switched +100, for example 2401.

In your BE config you can set specific paramter for port and IP to be used with BE and that is advisable:

Code: Select all

RConPort
RConIP
A bit more info here:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BattlEye#RCon
toxicreign020
New to forums
New to forums

Post by toxicreign020 »

Is Battleye loaded successfully (the .cfg file name changes to .._active when BE is running)?
this i don't see anywhere. but the server logs say that battle eye was initialized successfully.
Which RCon tool are you using and is it fully compatible with the current ArmA 3 build?
Im using DaRT RCon and yeah it should be. i also tried on EPM RCon off Armaholic, and battleWarden
RCon port 2301 is also not a good idea, depending on your ArmA3 port settings, as this is usually a reserved port by the ArmA 3 engine, maybe try a port switched +100, for example 2401.
ah alright. i had switched it to 2306. ill try that first before i go ahead and post this. Tried and still failed.
In your BE config you can set specific paramter for port and IP to be used with BE and that is advisable:
i got BEServer_x64.cfg and inside i've set the IP parameters to the default

RConIP 127.0.0.1
RConPort 2401
RConPassword passwordwashere
toxicreign020
New to forums
New to forums

Post by toxicreign020 »

BE also needs the libraries in the BE folder, BEClient_x64.dll and BEServer_x64.dll.
that brings up another question. i run the server using TADST so ive got a battleeye folder in my arma 3 directory, and then ive got a battleeye folder in the directory of each of my server profiles for tadst. although ive copied the file into each directory regardless, kind of wondering which the proper directory is.
toxicreign020
New to forums
New to forums

Post by toxicreign020 »

final update.

i got it to work on the box at least. the cfg file was still saved as a text file somehow even though it was named "BEServer_x64.cfg"

it does everything you said it should, however 1 problem has arisen

rcon only works on the box itself, from my personal pc, the same info says its unable to connect.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

toxicreign020 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:13 am that brings up another question. i run the server using TADST so ive got a battleeye folder in my arma 3 directory, and then ive got a battleeye folder in the directory of each of my server profiles for tadst. although ive copied the file into each directory regardless, kind of wondering which the proper directory is.
You can easily locate the used BE folder by checking for the changed "..._active.cfg" config file, though you can also set the BE path in your start-up parameter:

-bepath=
The default will be your specified profile folder.

RConIP 127.0.0.1 is your localhost IP, you have to enter your server IP here.
toxicreign020
New to forums
New to forums

Post by toxicreign020 »

fixed!

works perfectly.

just needed to switch RConIP to my server's IP and then RConPort to 2401