Using VDS for gameserver AND VPN

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
itsWiggity
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Using VDS for gameserver AND VPN

Post by itsWiggity »

hi, i currently have an unmanaged VDS, which is running a game server off of it. I am wanting to add a VPN service to it to connect my mobile to. tired of Verizon and them telling me how i can use my data... watching videos in 480p just to avoid buffering is rediculous.. my question is, can i add a VPN to the same machine and the exhisting game server still function as it currently is? i have watched tutorials, and there are router and firewall changes that i dont know if it will effect its current functionality. if so, would adding an IP and using that ip for the VPN work? or would i have to get a whole new machine?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Using VDS for gameserver AND VPN

Post by TimeX »

You should be able to add it and have it work without a problem. If you don't use a second IP for it, you will need to make sure it is using a different port than any ports the game server may be using.
TimeX
itsWiggity
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Using VDS for gameserver AND VPN

Post by itsWiggity »

Awesome, thanks TimeX