Layout arma 3

Razzored
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Layout arma 3

Post by Razzored »

Hi, i want to buy a managed dedicated server (i run a lot of arma 3 servers for a unit)
However, due to the diversity of our modlists and such, i have grown very accustomed to a steam mod downloader, i hear this servers, i have to upload every single mod myself with ftp.. to every single server?.

Anyhow i am very interested in seeing how the layout of your unmanaged servers looks?
Can anyone send me/post pictures of how the unmanaged layout is :)?
And more importantly, how a arma 3 server looks on a unmanaged server? (what buttons and options you have ect).
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Layout arma 3

Post by TimeX »

Unmanaged means having Administrator/root access to the OS and the freedom to install any software you want, and that is pretty much it. Anything like a game server control panel or mod management software would need to be installed and setup by you. If you have ever setup a server on your home computer, you will have a good idea of what to expect.

Overall, unmanaged is more work, but also more flexible. We go into more specifics on the differences here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4559
TimeX
Razzored
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Razzored »

Also someone mentioned to me that NFO has very bad DDos protection and that if the server gets ddosed it will simply be removed from the network until DDos stops?
Is this true or just badmouthing?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

It sounds like that person is referring to a null-route, and the statement is not true. No one likes having services offline, so we always prefer to mitigate when possible, and only null-route when necessary.

If you want all of the details of when they are used and why, we talk more about null-routes here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11456
TimeX